Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Oregon Treffen The Gathering at the farm.

List and discuss upcoming or previous events. Share event stories/photos/directions.
stevegsmith

Re: Oregon Treffen The Gathering at the farm.

Post#171 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

dcurbet wrote::lol: yank his ass out!

x2 :lol:
Steve

BELinNC

Post#172 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Looks like a great event. Hope to make it next time.

vadimivanovich

Link to some pics and clips...

Post#173 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:49 am

IMG_20180803_112155.jpg
One of several groups of photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eLUK5Ysh9xuEmjoWA

Next, I hope to get the wife's pics off her iphone and get them over the US/Mexico border so they can be viewed outside of Appledom.
"The way you think is the way you live"

Mcfly

Post#174 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Man, my pictures suck in comparison to y'alls. I will pull off my A roll this weekend and post. Been on the grind implementing the fun facts I learned this past week on my truck. Incredibly grateful for everyone's help on and off the sand . Was a blast meeting and hanging out with everyone and can't wait to meet up with everyone again. Truly is an awesome crew.

EHKO

Post#175 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 pm

vadimivanovich wrote:Treffen the Dunes is always an adventure!

I must say that it was an extreme disappointment for me and my daughter to have missed this as it was not communicated on the forum. Had I known there was a large contingent going out to go for the one and only off-road outing during the treffen I would have at a minimum driven to the area in my rented camper and jumped into someone's rig for a ride. I would appreciate it in the future that if folks are coordinating these offline as part of the gathering, it be posted to the boards, because despite my specific requests and traveling across the country, my daughter and I missed one of the highlights of attending - riding in a bad ass off road vehicle being used for its intended use.

Maybe next time.

vadimivanovich

Post#176 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Ehko, I'm shocked that the dunes segment was overlooked. I'll read through the old posts but am pretty sure the Friday off-road event was stated at least once, which was not enough. I feel personally responsible and do apologize, not that it helps.

Thank you for calling attention to this.
"The way you think is the way you live"

kurt

Post#177 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:16 am

This seems like a fantastic event! Thanks for sharing!!

Should I not have been on another continent, I would certainly have loved coming! Maybe in the future ;)

stevegsmith

Post#178 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 am

EHKO wrote:

I must say that it was an extreme disappointment for me and my daughter to have missed this as it was not communicated on the forum. Had I known there was a large contingent going out to go for the one and only off-road outing during the treffen I would have at a minimum driven to the area in my rented camper and jumped into someone's rig for a ride. I would appreciate it in the future that if folks are coordinating these offline as part of the gathering, it be posted to the boards, because despite my specific requests and traveling across the country, my daughter and I missed one of the highlights of attending - riding in a bad ass off road vehicle being used for its intended use.

Maybe next time.

Hi EHKO, the dune portion of this get together is sort of a rag-tag plan that is not necessarily "sponsored" by the get-together at Lumos. It sorta just happens without guarantee but you're right, there wasn't enough of a lead-in for new comers. The dunes were mentioned on page 8 of this thread. It's easy for past participants to know that you just have to reach out to one of Oregon regulars like Kent or Vadim or Alan or just simply ask the question, "where and when does the dune rally start?"....but obviously not for those that haven't been. I'm sure we'll all try a little harder next time to make it easier. So sorry you missed it.

Vadim, stop taking things personally.. ;)
Steve

G Nome

Post#179 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am

G Nome wrote:I forgot to note...

Wine will be available for sale from Lumos Vineyards. Support our kind hosts.

People interested in hitting the dunes Wed. or Thurs. should contact Joe or me.

Thanks.

Kent

Dunes notes started here on page 14 of this thread...and was mentioned a few more times by others soon after.

I am truly sorry for anyone who missed out do to our lack of communication. Herding cats is not really my strength.

Kent

EHKO

Post#180 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 pm

stevegsmith wrote:
EHKO wrote:

Maybe next time.

Hi EHKO, the dune portion of this get together is sort of a rag-tag plan that is not necessarily "sponsored" by the get-together at Lumos. It sorta just happens without guarantee but you're right, there wasn't enough of a lead-in for new comers. The dunes were mentioned on page 8 of this thread. It's easy for past participants to know that you just have to reach out to one of Oregon regulars like Kent or Vadim or Alan or just simply ask the question, "where and when does the dune rally start?"....but obviously not for those that haven't been. I'm sure we'll all try a little harder next time to make it easier. So sorry you missed it.

Vadim, stop taking things personally.. ;)

Vadim, as Steve points out I am not intending to be personal, though the sympathy is appreciated. I had two goals for the trip, meet a bunch of awesome people and ride in a g-wagon off-road for my very first time ever.
I got one out of two.......just need to do better next time.

Return to “G People, Events, Treffens, Trail-Runs”