Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

It's official - My new 300GD

List and discuss upcoming or previous events. Share event stories/photos/directions.
EHKO

Re: It's official - My new 300GD

Post#221 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:42 am

tiktaalik wrote:Exactly my thoughts! Plus you shave off a couple of hundred pounds. I swear that rear bench seat is made of solid cast iron ;) I will need to track down a pair of used, rear seat boxes. Let me know if you hear of any.

Has anyone fabricated a set of the rear bases in the past? With a template it would seem relatively inexpensive to have a metal shop make up a set.

tiktaalik

Post#222 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:43 am

The G-raid seat bases will require some modification to fit. I think think pretty much any base will since my model was designed for a folding bench.

I’m seriously considering designing the base myself. That way I can get the exact seat position I want. I may try to take advantage of the existing mounts, if it all possible, to minimize drilling new holes.

I’m contemplating putting a fridge between the rear seats so whether it’ll be one long base or two separate ones will shake out in the card board mock up process.

Otiswesty

Post#223 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:44 pm

The G-raid seat bases will be a direct fit.

You could do something like this with a fridge install. This one is a 40L Engel in a G Pro.
Attachments
Engel2.jpg
EngelGpro.jpg

tiktaalik

Post#224 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:53 pm

That’s exactly what I’m going for right there. Hoping my Engel MT-45 will fit. I emailed a bit with G-raid and they weren’t very clear on if it would be a direct fit with a W460. Are those your photos?

Otiswesty

Post#225 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:07 am

No, the pics are from an Australian G Pro owner.

Not sure what the differences in size are between the 40L and 45L. Specs probably available online tho.

tiktaalik

Post#226 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:22 am

How difficult is it to disassemble the fresh air vents above the center console? There are two screws but it appears that the top dash panel needs to come out first. One of the fresh air vent open/close dials are stuck. I need to open it up and see whats causing it to be stuck in open position.

Otiswesty

Post#227 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Yes, on my 461 with the metal dash, it is just the 2 screws. For a 460 with a dash pad, you will have to remove that first. You can get to the lateral fasteners thru the glove box. The center ones are a little more work.

Return to “G People, Events, Treffens, Trail-Runs”