Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

G pictures, post them here!

List and discuss upcoming or previous events. Share event stories/photos/directions.
G Nome

Re: G pictures, post them here!

Post#2791 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 am

Nice!
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

gmaschine

Post#2792 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:49 am

Too bad about the bad apples. I get it... You want to wheel with other G people but there is a severe lack of events or gatherings in the East Coast but when you have really dishonest and bad people running them it gives you a rotting taste in your mouth that doesn't just go away.

Unfortunately while this was going on, I got a call a few weeks ago from a random number and it was a recently disgruntled customer of Allen's which I have no personal connection with. They were able to contact NButze and I because of the thread I made here earlier this year regarding the same exact experience I had along with several other G owners that dealt with him. The vehicles involved this time was surprisingly not related to G's. They were 2 Porsche's, 1 Land Rover and a few other cars that had to be pulled from the shop aka Artisan Motorenbau / Artisan Motor and otherwise known as Gelandelocks on Instagram (Google these names and you will see the complaints and bad reviews). I also learned that he closed up the old shop right away after my CGW thread was posted and is operating under a new business name and location, Oak Grove Autosport in Wauconda, IL.

https://oakgroveautosport.com/

What's worse about the situation compared to my experience is the amount of cars involved (5 total) and the brand new parts given to Allen to complete the jobs were not installed and essentially stolen (probably sold on eBay or Craigslist). The cars were low mileage, collector grade level (Not driver quality) that were left outside in the elements without a cover for over a year or more resulting in rust, scratches and one of them even had water intrusion. Ultimately none of the work that was promised as ever completed and all the cars are essentially now ruined.

Now the owners of these vehicles are aware of this forum and will be able to share their own detailed and thoroughly documented experience about the whole situation so there can be an end to his desperate attempt to screw people over just to "get by". Just so you know, by attending or participating to his random meet ups is giving Allen some kind of reputation building ego which he uses to lure in new and unsuspecting customers. Clearly the vehicle make and model doesn't apply anymore from the recent events. Now that I've said my piece, f*ck this dude and the rest of it will unfold on its own.

Jtracypgh

Post#2793 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm

0.jpg
IMG_5040.jpg
IMG_6736.jpg

dcurbet

Post#2794 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Some background story of the pictures is must! Maybe location at a minimum!

Jtracypgh

Post#2795 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Its my G. Ongoing project. Photos were shot in Pittsburgh, PA

dcurbet

Post#2796 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:56 am

Nice ride. Already have snow in PA?

Jtracypgh

Post#2797 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:58 am

Thanks! No snow yet, maybe up in the laurel mountains. That pic was taken awhile ago.

dcurbet

Post#2798 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:00 am

That 463 bumper fits quite well into the look. Well done.

Return to “G People, Events, Treffens, Trail-Runs”