Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Oregon Treffen The Gathering at the farm.

List and discuss upcoming or previous events. Share event stories/photos/directions.
Dai C

Oregon Treffen The Gathering at the farm.

Post#1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Dai here, breaking radio silence to invite you all to the farm. Instead of Father's Day Weekend as has been the target of all previous Gatherings, this year we are scheduling the event for August 3rd, 4th and 5th 2018
This should help more friends make it. School is still out for most people. Harald might be able to move by then...

It will be mid summer here and likely very warm...like hot! There will be more information to follow. Our Tasting Room will be closed for the weekend for this event. There is plenty of camping space. We will have the really Big John grill running for Saturday and Sunday. We will have a pasta dinner and salad as folks roll in on Friday evening. For those of you who haven't had the chance to make it here, this is our website: lumoswine.com
A pre-celebration of the 40th anniversary of the G Wagen! Also Boone the big 24! Fourteen years ago was our first tech gathering at Harald's in Georgetown. It will be fantastic to see everyone and Geek Out G heads!

Otiswesty

Re: Oregon Treffen The Gathering at the farm.

Post#2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Sign me up!

autonovice

Post#3 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:06 pm

me too! perfect timing for the kids too. Will bring a basketball team. Weekend of 9th/10th/11th is even better.

BTW need to stock up on the wine! stock is running low. GF loves the white reserved one!

G Nome

Post#4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:22 pm

In!!! Thanks Dai.

dcurbet

Post#5 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Booking my flight now! I ll see if I can rent a G for the weekend!

AlanMcR

Post#6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Sign me up!
...Alan

vadimivanovich

Post#7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 pm

I'll set the tent up now.
"The way you think is the way you live"

inkblotz

Post#8 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 am

I'm in. Look forward to it.

Mark

Gelande

Post#9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 am

Don't forget we also have our own anniversary. Clubgwagen is 20 years old this year!!
Many thanks to Dai and his awesome family for offering to host our motley crew at their home again.

Curious if folks want to do any sort of rally before the farm Dai's as we have done in previous years.

Or we can just do small mini lunch rally nearby in the woods as we have also done in the past. Rally would be thursday night meet up, Friday drive rally, and rally would end at the farm by around 6 or 7pm in time for eats.

please post your thoughts

August opens up other routes we have never considered. Being that this was always in June, we could not do the mtns. But an idea has always been to do something like a Bend to Philomath overland drive, or similar.

Anyways, just ideas to throw around. Rally is not necessary I can go either way, nothing like just chillin at the farm and most of the routes are simply out of the question for my neck and back, but that doesn't mean you guys can't do it! I can provide some route guidance despite not being able to drive.

Most important we have the ultimate gathering venue at Dai's family farm, and some locked down dates!

below, some sweet memories from the first event 2004, Georgetown, CA Most special is the last one, the young chap in the green cap
Attachments
IMGP1136.JPG
IMGP1118.JPG
grubbandwine.jpg
grubbandwine.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
lockerlesson.jpg
lockerlesson.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
g_chat_georgetown.JPG

vadimivanovich

Post#10 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 am

I'm in for a rally! It's gorgeous up there & tons to explore I'm sure. Routes?
"The way you think is the way you live"

Return to “G People, Events, Treffens, Trail-Runs”