Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Truck Tour Video + Mercedes Takeover

Share stories/photos/community information.
Covello

Truck Tour Video + Mercedes Takeover

Post#1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:44 am

What's up everybody!

I have some exciting news. For the next 3 days I'm doing a takeover on the Mercedes Benz USA Instagram

I gave them a variety of videos and images and together we crafted a story that will play out over a few days. Needless to say, I'm super excited about this!!

To support this, I filmed a Truck Tour where I do a walk around and talk about all of the mods and the history of the truck a little bit. I figured it would be of interest here (especially since I haven't been too active on here as of late)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZiwcRVtew

Anyways, just wanted to share! (also does is it possible to embed a YouTube video here? How do you do it?)

Leitkreuz

Re: Truck Tour Video + Mercedes Takeover

Post#2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:46 am

Mad props to the person who did the photography and editing. Seriously, ya'll have potential. Also amazing taste in what a G-class should be. And I've to agree, a ladder on a car is the coolest thing ever.

I can totally just see people come up to your truck and go crazy about the fact that this G is a two door. This truck geniunly seems rare.
Those who aren't familiar with quality will chase quantity

G Nome

Post#3 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 am

Looks great Cole. Really well done video. The G is looking good too.

Way to go and thanks for posting it here.

Kent
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

vadimivanovich

Post#4 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 am

Congratulations Cole! It's not the first time, and hopefully not the last that you'll bring "real" Gwagen use to the public eye. Excellent work!
"The way you think is the way you live"

pierre repairs

Post#5 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 am

Cole - a cool video from a real enthusiast - you seem even shy at times :lol:
This being said your hand brake seems to secure a bit hit - time to adjust brake jaws or do something ;)
G300TD - W463.331 & G250 - W461.401 Wolf LL

kafkaonwheels

Post#6 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Awesome truck and super video.
I just find white with black details G combo perfect. If authorities don’t block, my project will also end in white.

Missing an AC in hot climate sure is a bit of issue but I still think it is possible to piece together almost OEM system. Adding power windows can be done, depending on alarm system maybe also auto close. If you ever come across killer deal on newer wider axles, it is almost a bolt on swap and less worry over wheel bearings what might have little shorter life due spacers.

Good luck!
1985 300 GD Turbo (Everlasting project)

Covello

Post#7 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Leitkreuz wrote:Mad props to the person who did the photography and editing. Seriously, ya'll have potential. Also amazing taste in what a G-class should be. And I've to agree, a ladder on a car is the coolest thing ever.

I can totally just see people come up to your truck and go crazy about the fact that this G is a two door. This truck geniunly seems rare.

Thanks dude! I'm glad you see the potential, considering it's what I do for my career. :P haha but actually my apprentice / assistant shot and edited it. he's rad!

G Nome wrote:Looks great Cole. Really well done video. The G is looking good too.

Way to go and thanks for posting it here.

Kent

Thanks Kent!! It's come a long way in the past couple of years!

vadimivanovich wrote:Congratulations Cole! It's not the first time, and hopefully not the last that you'll bring "real" Gwagen use to the public eye. Excellent work!

haha thanks Vadim! Glad to contribute to the idea of a REAL G!!!

pierre repairs wrote:Cole - a cool video from a real enthusiast - you seem even shy at times :lol:
This being said your hand brake seems to secure a bit hit - time to adjust brake jaws or do something ;)

you can do that!?!? haha I totally have to crank my e-brake super high. I should get my mechanic to adjust.

kafkaonwheels wrote:Awesome truck and super video.
I just find white with black details G combo perfect. If authorities don’t block, my project will also end in white.

Missing an AC in hot climate sure is a bit of issue but I still think it is possible to piece together almost OEM system. Adding power windows can be done, depending on alarm system maybe also auto close. If you ever come across killer deal on newer wider axles, it is almost a bolt on swap and less worry over wheel bearings what might have little shorter life due spacers.

Good luck!

Everyone says it can be done, but nobody says they can actually do it. :(

kafkaonwheels

Post#8 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Covello wrote:Everyone says it can be done, but nobody says they can actually do it. :(

Yes, I see you having a no luck with that :(

I got few lines/hoses to sort out, then I have all the pieces for complete AC system. Maybe I can then take lot of pictures, write and explain what is needed, parts codes, where everything is mounted, should work etc. It is not so mystical as sometimes claimed but of-course decent amount of work and parts is needed.
1985 300 GD Turbo (Everlasting project)

Gelande

Post#9 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 am

I love a guy who is willing to be real with their reasoning on car mods....great video lots of fun to watch, can't wait to see the truck in person

when discussing excellent sliding window upgrade with downsize of some added wind noose...

"but whatever, they're sweet, so fuck it!"

now that is the spirit!

hand

Post#10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 am

Loved it!
2004 G500

Return to “G People”