Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Upcoming site upgrades and maintenance

Share stories/photos/community information.
nihil

Upcoming site upgrades and maintenance

Post#1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:03 pm

With 100,000+ visits from G enthusiasts in 112 countries just in the first half of this year, the rate at which we are growing is ramping up quite a bit. I'm still waiting on Antarctica to get their act together and join, but we have the rest of the planet very well covered.

To add to this, during one of my regular server health checks the other day, I noticed that we were down to less than 2G of free disk space. After some quick juggling of backups and shuffling some data around, we're good for the moment, however the time has come to level up our hosting.

Over the next couple weeks I will be setting up a higher spec (double our current capacity) server to host the site. There shouldn't be much (if any) interruption right up until transition. I have not set a time/date for that to happen, but will try to make an announcement at least 24 hours prior.

Along with the increased capacity comes increased capabilities, and I would like us to leverage that to its fullest. What we need from you is content:

- General/social: Storytime about camping with your G, meeting other G drivers, buying your G, etc..

- Howto/DIY: Changing your oil, brakes, or engine? Take a lot of pics and write it up!

- Product reviews: Everything, recovery equipment, camping supplies, fluids, tires, and more. If you use it on, in, or around your G, tell us about it.

- Events: Races, treffens, cars and coffee, impromptu BBQs, or any other soiree where someone shows up in a G.

- Other: You tell us. What do you want to read about?

I'll be kitting us out with the standard car-scene swag shop to help support the site (this isn't getting any cheaper), so if you have recommendations about what ClubG merchandise you'd like to adorn yourself, your shop, your pets, or your G with, let us know.

Keep the shiny side up.
1982 300GD LWB RHD

vadimivanovich

Re: Upcoming site upgrades and maintenance

Post#2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Awesome Henry! Sounds like a fresh batch of Club-G T-shirts are in order!
"The way you think is the way you live"

TechMOGogy

Post#3 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

I'm a big baseball hat guy. Would buy many!
Is the forum software being upgraded as well?
If so, a like button is on the want list!
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

jackxter

Post#4 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 am

I'm actually getting nervous about having withdrawal issues. This is one of my most visited sites. Please do it over the weekend while I am with my truck...it will take my mind off the site being down :)
-Jack

Otiswesty

Post#5 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 am

I could always use a couple new G-wagen shirts and cool stickers :)
461.213, 463.241

G Nome

Post#6 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:37 am

Thank you Nihil!
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

Beater_Bimmer

Post#7 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:46 am

Bumper stickers for sure!

mogwild

Post#8 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 am

Need any keychains?
-trev

pierre repairs

Post#9 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:16 pm

I trust the usual T-shirt, possibly polo shirt (we aren't that young anymore ;) ) baseball cap are always a good choice.
I personally like the "safari" style kakhi or sand colour shirts with logo on left breast and back... Of course pre-order is needed - not sure about shipping costs for us in good old Europe
G300TD - W463.331 & G250 - W461.401 Wolf LL

Atl-Wagen

Post#10 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 am

The last round of t-shirts was quite heavy, can you do the dri-fit, light weight, 5k road race type tee's on the next go around. Oh, and stickers, everyone loves stickers.
W460-230GE- Sold
W461-617A Sold

85' W460 280GE Cabrio

Return to “G People”