Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Upcoming site upgrades and maintenance

Share stories/photos/community information.
mogwild

Re: Upcoming site upgrades and maintenance

Post#21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 pm

EdwinJ wrote:My two cents: Trevor (mogwild) provides incredible input to this site, mostly reference material for parts and repairs but also with suggestions like the one above.

Not meaning to hijack or detract from Henry's (nihil) awesome skills and foresight in maintaining the site!!!

Kudos to both.

Hey thanks! I apprecate the kind works. I love helping out if I can but I get as much out of this site as I put in, that's for sure. Plenty of helpful previous posts and if you can't find it, ask and someone is sure to know/have run into it before and offer up a good answer or opinion.

I'll cook up some keychains over the next week or so and send them to nihil or whomever is distributing them as a donation to the site. Few different leathers burn well so I'll do a mix.
-trev

Gelande

Post#22 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:40 am

T shirts are neat but this is a call for content and support. Who can pitch in ?

TechMOGogy

Post#23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:45 am

I am happy to help support the site anyway you want!
I am sure there will be many with the same offer.

As for content - my stuff is pretty boring and bland
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

AlanMcR

Post#24 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Same here.
...Alan

spallet

Post#25 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:35 pm

In,,

Mauricio
w460 aficionado since 1982

Johnny Christensen

Post#26 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:10 am

Content, sure. Technical subjects is where my primary G interest is.
Traveling and all the experiences (both good and bad) that comes with it, is why I have a G.

As English is not my primary language, it takes a while to write a long post, that's why I have been less active on forum the last couple of years.

If merchandise items is not really my thing, could I do a donation towards the site?

shudak

Post#27 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 am

Build in a web app that allows you to generate a list of Mercedes parts based on chosen vehicle model, maintenance task, upgrade, repair type, etc. and provide links for each item to in stock parts at different online sellers that have them in stock (or just link every item to Guido)

Bonus: also generates list of tools needed for the above chosen scenario, also with links to where you can buy them if needed

nihil

Post#28 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 am

We already have that. Click 'New Post' here viewforum.php?f=18 and enter your information, and the system automatically reaches out to the most knowledgeable group of G experts on the planet. Pretty slick setup if I do say so myself. :D

In other news, I have a sample of the new t-shirts on the way, and if they don't suck, links will be posted.
1982 300GD LWB RHD

diesel_jim

Post#29 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 pm

mogwild wrote:Bit long due to the shape (long and narrow) of the logo, but didn't turn out all that bad:

IMG_20170620_200708.jpg

How does one buy one of these keyrings? I like it!

mogwild

Post#30 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:49 pm

I have a bunch lasered (mostly in brown, since it lasers nicest) and just have to wait for my lovely wife to rivet the rings on. Then I'll mail them to whomever (nihil I assume?) as a donation to sell to support the site.
-trev

Return to “G People”