Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

606a intercooler

Tech forum for DIY, repairs, restoration, problems, questions, etc... Post here get answers!
blueg

Re: 606a intercooler

Post#31 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 am

Dana Long is manufacturing coolers that are 25% smaller and 10% more efficient in cooling.
An air/water cooler might be the best bet given limited space in the wind.
Coupled with aluminum extra core radiator to cool extra heated coolant required in such a system may solve the spacial dilemma provided your wallet has the capacity.

dcurbet

Post#32 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am

I think with the g intercooler everything should fit and work out fine. Factory also shows a secondary coolant radiator installed so I assume more is needed but for now I will follow factory design and see what happens. Believe or not it’s probably not that more expensive - time or money you still pay for it somehow.

blueg

Post#33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Haven't looked closely at 606 engines but with the 617A.
Since the turbo is pretty much integral with the intake and exhaust manifolds.
How are you routing the compressed air from the turbo outlet to the after cooler and then back to the intake port when the turbo outlet already occupies the space?
463 must have cooler, heat exchanger, accumulator, circ pump and all the connective plumbing.
Lots to fit somewhere.

dcurbet

Post#34 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 pm

606 didnt have this setup.
I think the 280 cdi and the 300cdi were the main ones to benefit from the sandwich pack.
I ll finish it and post how I did it. Just a few weeks away. Stuck on radiator retrofit for just a second. But should move ahead shortly.

GermanStar

Post#35 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:50 pm

This weekend I will try to install new intercooler on my 606. I will post pics.

Return to “G Wagen Technical Forum”