Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Conversion of a 230GE to a long "Wolf"

Tech forum for DIY, repairs, restoration, problems, questions, etc... Post here get answers!
Eddy

Conversion of a 230GE to a long "Wolf"

Post#1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm thinking of converting the 230GE with it's troop side seating to two forward seats similar to a Wolf.
The 230GE as a LWB should have some more space in front of the wheel arches to place the forward facing seats, but I am balancing the height of the seat (potentially reducing headroom)-with moving it forward of the wheel arches (potentially reducing legroom).
Could someone with a Wolf let me know the distance in front of the rear seat to the back of the front seat mount (legroom) and how high the rear seat is off the floor?
Judging by pictures, I'm assuming that the canvas roof rests directly on the roll over arch behind the front seats without the 2 1/2 inch antenna mount riser like the 230GE.
Thanks for the trouble!
Ed

Otiswesty

Re: Conversion of a 230GE to a long "Wolf"

Post#2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:33 pm

The 230GE has a bulk head behind the front seats. This is not there in the wolf. The seats will need to be further back compared to the LWB GD250.
461.213, 463.241

BELinNC

Post#3 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:46 am

Because of some mods I am doing to my Wolf I most likely will not be using my rear seats. If you are looking for a set of seats we might work something out.

Eddy

Post#4 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:30 am

The 230GE has a bulk head behind the front seats. This is not there in the wolf.

The bulkhead is bolted in and will be coming out. New lower canvas support hoops will be used, either fabricated, modified from the 230 ones or will source Wolf hoops.

Because of some mods I am doing to my Wolf I most likely will not be using my rear seats. If you are looking for a set of seats we might work something out.

BelinNC: Thanks. I'll send PM regarding seats!
Ed

Return to “G Wagen Technical Forum”