Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Early MBUSA Command stereo updating

Tech forum for DIY, repairs, restoration, problems, questions, etc... Post here get answers!
Winston

Early MBUSA Command stereo updating

Post#1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:18 pm

I’m hoping somebody around here pays more attention to the latest car stereo technology than I do. What are the good options for adding Bluetooth to the early MBUSA G500 trucks that have the Command system?

I’m not all that interested in swapping in a new aftermarket double din. Having a big screen that flashes colorful lights seems pointless — if I need to reverse I just turn my head around. But maybe doing a single din conversion and adding an oddments tray isn’t a bad idea. Any thoughts?

I’m aware of the V60 Bluetooth adapter puck that fits into the cell phone cradle in the center console. Is this the best option? The pucks are available on EBay for around $300+ which seems ridiculous but if there is little degradation in sound quality, then maybe it’s worth it for the sake of simplicity and retaining the stock look.

Thanks
IG @oldironmash

Return to “G Wagen Technical Forum”