Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Driving old Pinzgauer on the highway

Tech forum for DIY, repairs, restoration, problems, questions, etc... Post here get answers!
Luky

Driving old Pinzgauer on the highway

Post#1 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:27 am

Hi G-uys,

sorry this is not exactly a G question but I think here are also people who have experience with Pinzgauers.

I´am considering buying a 1980 710 MS which comes from a fire department, was in service and maintained until just recently.

The question is- the vehicle is about 500 km from my home, is it OK to drive it such a distance at (near to) highway speeds, let´s say 80-100 km/h? For example is there a danger that the portals will overheat or something like that?

Thanks in advance,

Lukas

TechMOGogy

Re: Driving old Pinzgauer on the highway

Post#2 » Sat May 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Yes its ok
Just with any old truck be sure to take tools and be sure to check all fluids.
Speed will depend on tire size too so 85-90kph is probably most realistic.
It will be slow on hills so make sure hazards work :)
Many suggest ear protection as well - I prefer my AirPod Pro’s now as they have active noise cancelling that does work fairly well and allows you to hear music at a lower volume (that said, in a new truck I would not listen to music, I would listen to the truck)
Post some photos if you get it!
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

Return to “G Wagen Technical Forum”