Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Yokohama Off Road Tires for the G anyone try these yet?

Tech forum for DIY, repairs, restoration, problems, questions, etc... Post here get answers!
Gelande

Yokohama Off Road Tires for the G anyone try these yet?

Post#1 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 am

I don't mean the ones that come with some of the trucks, I mean these two

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... &tab=Specs

and

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... &tab=Specs

autonovice

Re: Yokohama Off Road Tires for the G anyone try these yet?

Post#2 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:28 am

Sure looks like Toyo MTs to me.

ClarkGriswold

Post#3 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 am

I have the G003's in 285/70R18 (33.9") and love them. So far in the desert, rain, snow, and towing (off-roadand long distance) I've been quite happy. The only faults I can find is they really don't like icy pellet snow (late season melt remains), sensitive ears may think they are loud, and on parking lot speed turns you can definitely feel the lugs on pavement. None of these issues would keep me from buying another set in the future.

IMG_0450.jpeg
I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose!
08 G500 in the PNW

hardtop

Post#4 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:45 pm

ClarkGriswold wrote:I have the G003's in 285/70R18 (33.9") and love them. So far in the desert, rain, snow, and towing (off-roadand long distance) I've been quite happy. The only faults I can find is they really don't like icy pellet snow (late season melt remains), sensitive ears may think they are loud, and on parking lot speed turns you can definitely feel the lugs on pavement. None of these issues would keep me from buying another set in the future.

IMG_0450.jpeg

Looking good.

Gelande

Post#5 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:58 am

thanks guys

Ryan

Post#6 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:16 am

I have the 33 x 12.5 Geolander A/T's and they performed very well in muddy Windrock, TN trails. They perform well in the sand as well.

Not sure how often you use yours for city driving, but they are very manageable and do well in the rain as well. I don't have Ice here in Charlotte, but they are not snowflake rated if that's important to you.

IMG_1606.jpg
North Carolina

2002 w463 G500

Return to “G Wagen Technical Forum”