Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Right front clicking has become a clunk! 2000 Europa

Tech forum for DIY, repairs, restoration, problems, questions, etc... Post here get answers!
e9coupe

Re: Right front clicking has become a clunk! 2000 Europa

Post#21 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:15 am

Yes, my approach also, that's why I feel a little dumb. I may have been the last one to have the wheel off anyway. Probably hand tight while in the air and forgot to finish after being back on the ground.
Dan
Rocklin, CA
2000 G500 Europa
1979 280GE LWB (om617a swap)

kmcteer

Post#22 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:24 am

Hahahaha, I've been in the same place more times than I should tell... Every time I was sure it was something complicated! I guess I was right, but unfortunately the complicated part of the fix was getting through my thick skull that it was probably the easy thing that needed to be checked...

Glad it is resolved!

-Kelly

G Nome

Post#23 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:19 am

I have come in several times complaining of a click click click. My mechanic buddy is used to it by now and quickly looks for rocks stuck in my tires. The other classic to make you feel better is to have a wheel packed with snow inside making it wobble like it has lost a weight. This one he can diagnose over the phone.

My buddy/mechanic (Sidney) has patience of a saint!

Thought these might make y'all feel better. Haaaappy Monday!

Kent
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

Winston

Post#24 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:01 pm

A few months ago I started to hear a rhythmic squealing from the left rear wheel on my 461. I was convinced the drum brake was cooked. When I started to remove the wheel to inspect it, I realized all the lugs were very loose. :oops:

Glad it was an easy fix for you.
IG @oldironmash

Return to “G Wagen Technical Forum”