Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Finally live and working!

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
Johnny Christensen

Re: Finally live and working!

Post#11 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 pm

I have the same type of storage under the sun visors. Originally it came with some self tapping screws - that won't hold. Did a proper 6mm bolt going thru the headliner, backed by a large piece of sheet metal to spread the load and keep the headliner in good shape.
The front mounting tabs of the storage goes in under the mounting points for the sun visor.

Tested it on a couple of months worth of horrible corrugated roads in Morocco and Iceland. No squeaks - rattles or any deformation.

Gwanabe

Post#12 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:33 am

Thanks Johnny!

vadimivanovich

Post#13 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I like the idea... any issues with your gear raining down on you when climbing steep trails?
"The way you think is the way you live"

Johnny Christensen

Post#14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Yes I had a book come flying out the window when taking a uphill hairpin turn a little too fast. There is a raised lip, but it won't stop heavier items. So after that I have added some fabric to close the end.

For a traveling vehicle like mine, that extra storage space is priceless.

grazza

Post#15 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 am

Any reason the sun visor storage would not work on a W460?

Johnny Christensen

Post#16 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 pm

There is a little difference in shape between 463 and 460 / 461 versions. Maybe Marc could get the 460 version as well?

**edit** Just looked at the example picture on Marc's website. That is indeed a W460

grazza

Post#17 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Thanks Johnny
I should have noticed that!

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”