Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

WTB 460 parts

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
jtrein

WTB 460 parts

Post#1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 am

I'm looking for a few 460 parts below. I can buy them new, but if anyone has any old ones and I can save a couple bucks I would rather just breath some new life into old parts.

Fuel Pump Protector plate part number A4604750146
Brake pressure regulator rod A0014313912 Attaches to the brake pressure regulator at one end and the rear axle on the other.
1981 280GE Ambulance - full restoration in progress
1985 280GE

EHKO

Re: WTB 460 parts

Post#2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm

jtrein wrote:Fuel Pump Protector plate part number A4604750146

Is this the approx. 4"x4" square plate in the floor above the sending unit in the rear? If so, I think I have an extra one. I'm traveling this week but will be around this weekend. PM me Saturday or Sunday and I will check.
Thanks,
Robert

jtrein

Post#3 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:41 pm

EHKO wrote:

Is this the approx. 4"x4" square plate in the floor above the sending unit in the rear? If so, I think I have an extra one. I'm traveling this week but will be around this weekend. PM me Saturday or Sunday and I will check.
Thanks,
Robert

No I am talking about the small plate that bolts to the fuel tank skid plate right where the fuel pump is located on a 280GE. I was going to post a picture but I got side tracked and never attached it before I posted. I will edit the post tomorrow.
1985 280GE

vadimivanovich

Post#4 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:36 pm

I have the proportioning valve rod, and spring if you need it. They are crusty and may need TLC, but they're free!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hvGeeDqX5S2jWFXT8
"The way you think is the way you live"

jtrein

Post#5 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 am

vadimivanovich wrote:I have the proportioning valve rod, and spring if you need it. They are crusty and may need TLC, but they're free!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hvGeeDqX5S2jWFXT8

I like that price and will take it! I think I only need the rod though, I will double check but I think everything else is in place but the rod. I discovered it was missing after coming into a roundabout a little fast after it had rained on new tires. Luckily I managed to not hit anyone. I have no weight in the back of my G at the moment either, no seat and nothing back there except the floor carpet so the rear brake loose pretty easily.
1985 280GE

Mcfly

Post#6 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:07 pm

jtrein wrote:
EHKO wrote:

Thanks,
Robert

No I am talking about the small plate that bolts to the fuel tank skid plate right where the fuel pump is located on a 280GE. I was going to post a picture but I got side tracked and never attached it before I posted. I will edit the post tomorrow.

I have my old tank stuff in pile. Post a pic and I'll see if it's in there. Cost you shipping

D-Three

Post#7 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm

jtrein wrote:I'm looking for a few 460 parts below. I can buy them new, but if anyone has any old ones and I can save a couple bucks I would rather just breath some new life into old parts.

Fuel Pump Protector plate part number A4604750146
Brake pressure regulator rod A0014313912 Attaches to the brake pressure regulator at one end and the rear axle on the other.

I was also looking for the fuel pump protector plate for a while. I ended up cutting some sheet metal to the exact size and shaping. Sprayed it with rocker shutz and it gets the job done. Hope this helps
Dale
1984 230ge swb

jtrein

Post#8 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Mcfly wrote:I have my old tank stuff in pile. Post a pic and I'll see if it's in there. Cost you shipping

Thanks for the offer Marty! I forgot that I had all this stuff from the Ambulance stowed away in the shed after some rummaging I found it since I won't need it when I get around to putting the ambulance back together. The fuel pump on my G was not in the factory location and instead installed in front of the fuel filter and accumulator up on the frame rail with about a meter of fuel line snaking around to get to it. It would make some horrendous noise once the tank started getting low and I assume it was getting pissed as it had to such fuel up from the tank vs just boost it from the tank feed line. Mounted a new one in the factory location and it doesn't scream at me anymore.

D-Three wrote:
I was also looking for the fuel pump protector plate for a while. I ended up cutting some sheet metal to the exact size and shaping. Sprayed it with rocker shutz and it gets the job done. Hope this helps

I was thinking about that as well and if nobody had one that was the plan.
1985 280GE

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”