Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

I thought I ordered the Leather Seats

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
Swede4

I thought I ordered the Leather Seats

Post#1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 am

I thought I ordered the leather front seats??? The appearance of the two large shipping boxes leads me to believe Guido shipped a pair of Glass seats. Photo is courtesy of wife, from the visual of the boxes she thinks I purchased her two very large glass somethings from Germany. She wants to open one but I think it’s best if I’m there to explain why we need electric seats for our G :) . Been traveling the west coast in G, be home tomorrow, will open and report what we find.
Hardy Handshakes, Swede
Attachments
E5CD83F0-2B5C-4BA9-B3C1-DDCDDADCC500.jpeg

Atl-Wagen

Re: I thought I ordered the Leather Seats

Post#2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 am

The dog seems to be cool either way.
Back on the Wagen, in an 88 Danish Army SWB soft top with the folding windshield.

tpond

Post#3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I hate those damn packing peanuts! (I can see them sneaking out at the bottom)

G power

Post#4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:27 pm

That box was opened somewhere and taped again but whoever done that taped some popcorn with it.

offroad-world

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 am

tpond wrote:I hate those damn packing peanuts! (I can see them sneaking out at the bottom)

hi toby .

we always pack that safe for worldwide shipment and as you see it is necessary that the parts ( seats ) get no damage .
i love these packing flips :D

mfg. guido .

offroad-world

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 am

Atl-Wagen wrote:The dog seems to be cool either way.

i think the dog smells something , so it is near to the boxes :lol:

offroad-world

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 am

Swede4 wrote:Hardy Handshakes, Swede

ENJOY UNPACKING :lol:

Swede4

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 pm

7A2B914B-B31B-4437-B280-F4BA27D512D1.jpeg
Popcorn anyone?
Right, it appears both boxes had been opened and retaped, maybe for inspection or ??? The man Guido knows how to pack! Popcorn everywhere, we now have more popcorn than Orville Redenbacher. The good news; Seats are indeed Leather (not Glass) and arrived in perfect condition. Guido also included/sourced new OEM switches, trim-plates, buttons, plugs and pins - Thank You, Sir Guido.
7FC27835-0DD6-4222-94C9-CDC57BBD6D5E.jpeg
Very nice addition to our ‘91

The wife’s photo includes my shop dog - one year old Australian Shepard we call “Sargent Pepper” he loves to ride shotgun in his G Wagen.
Photo’s of seats and wiring parts. I Simple tested (+12v & G) most of the motor driven movements via 2 wire prob, with one exception, all works perfect. Have not yet found wires that control rear of seat up/down and have not tested lumbar or heat functions. The one exception from initial test was the passenger head-rest; close inspection showed the steel drive gear had spooled down beyond the end of its mating gear track and simply would not pickup the teeth for the up cycle. A quick and easy retro fix. Even though it’s not “technical”, I will include photos and my fix in the Tech section just in case others have experienced the same head-rest up/down failure.
Now I need a wiring diagram for 1998 W463 power/heated front seats with lumbar adjustment - any help with a wiring diagram or source is appreciated.
Hardy Handshakes, Swede4

Swede4

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm

210CB929-F217-4E20-908D-BBEECA5C178F.jpeg
Have switch kit, need wiring diagram
Photo of the switch kit Guido supplied did not attach the first time, :oops: so I’ll try again

kafkaonwheels

Post#10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:56 am

I did posted that wiring diagram in Guido's sales thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14113&start=10#p134807
1985 300 GD Turbo (Project)

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”