Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Nice looking Roof Rack in San Diego

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
gmaschine

Re: Nice looking Roof Rack in San Diego

Post#11 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am

I have the same one and I'm thinking about selling it soon. Any locals around Chicagoland interested?

Geländewagen

Post#12 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 pm

I was actually pretty surprised when it turned out to be real. I thought for sure it was going to be a scam. Any ideas on attaching a Tepui Roof tent to one of these racks?
1984 300GD LWB

G Nome

Post#13 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 am

I was wondering that too.

I think you will have to drill holes to get the brackets to work or attache directly through with nuts on the bottom or custom brackets through the gaps kinda like a T instead of a U.

Hop high off the roof is the bottom of the rack?

You may also be able to attach a bracket to the bottom of the tent that works well with the rack you have.

The nice part is you have so little into the rack it is not as big a deal to drill one of those panels. Maybe you could remove a panel or two and have better attachment options.

Just kinda thinking out loud in writing.

Good luck. Do you already have the tent?

Kent

Geländewagen

Post#14 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 am

Thanks for the insight Kent. Yes, I already have the tent. I have been considering the hole drilling option. I might even just fabricate some replacement panels that will be specific to the tent so I don’t have to worry about drilling the originals. The panels attach with 4 bolts so it might be just about as easy to remove the two rear panels and alight the tent mounting rails with the panel mounting holes and bolt through them. I was just hoping someone was going to say, ‘oh yeah LeTech makes a bracket perfect for what you are trying to do’. I checked out their brackets, and they aren’t quite going to do it.
1984 300GD LWB

Otiswesty

Post#15 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:21 pm

You know about the C-channel nuts and T-bolts for these?

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Unistrut ... PDKIKX0DER

Geländewagen

Post#16 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:12 pm

I assumed something like this existed. Thanks for the link.
1984 300GD LWB

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”