Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

European Shipping Relay Person

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
teleskier

European Shipping Relay Person

Post#1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am

For some reason an audio shop in Germany does not ship to the US.

https://www.car-akustik.de/

I am trying to buy a single DIN blaupunkt stereo for my G500. Anyone over there willing to relay the package on to me if I ship it to you? I was just in Berlin and should have sent it to the hotel!

offroad-world

Re: European Shipping Relay Person

Post#2 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:32 am

teleskier wrote:For some reason an audio shop in Germany does not ship to the US.

https://www.car-akustik.de/

I am trying to buy a single DIN blaupunkt stereo for my G500. Anyone over there willing to relay the package on to me if I ship it to you? I was just in Berlin and should have sent it to the hotel!

hi teleskier .

i am in germany and did ship parts stateside for customer who are not able to receive parts .
contact me by pm if you like .

mfg. guido .

AlanMcR

Post#3 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:02 pm

A word of warning: This isn't your father's Blaupunkt. The brand got bought out, by the Chinese, I believe. We got a recent model and the user interface was awful. Bluetooth never quite worked right. Promised firmware updates never materialized.

Several people have had good luck with the Continental series of radios. Similar buyout of the brand, but a good reputation, as far as I know.
...Alan

Otiswesty

Post#4 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:52 pm

I have a Mercedes Audio 30 that was stock for your truck with the code card. I bought it just recently from an E300td in perfect shape. This model was also the stock radio in my 1999 G500 before I went to the Continental. If you want an original radio PM me.

Winston

Post#5 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:46 am

And continental/vdo can be bought online with shipping to the US
1990 250GD 461.401
2000 G500 463.241
2006 G500 463.249

teleskier

Post#6 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Indeed was looking for a blaupunkt singe din stereo. I cannot handle the blinking lights of the alpine - just way out of place.

I found it at another shop in Germany that ships to US. But thanks for the offer guido. I might ask you for a favor on some other part in the future.

Going to give this Blaupunkt Bremen a shot. It is a fairly hyped product.
The only reason I went with the blaupunkt over the Continental is because it has RCA out. Thanks for the feedback on the bluetooth though. Going to test the bluetooth before I do any install - not something I want to do twice.

AlanMcR

Post#7 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:27 am

Just looked. We have the Toronto 420 version, which is discontinued.
...Alan

Paachi

Post#8 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 am

Yeah, the Continental is easily available. I have seen it on eBay and ECSTuning sites. Around the $150 mark. I have it on my G and it works very well. The only snafu I see is that it takes a second for the Bluetooth connection. So if I am just using it to announce my Google maps directions then it misses out on the "in x miles.." part of the instructions. Doesn't happen if I am playing music and then directions lady chimes in. My deduction is that it establishes a Bluetooth connection every time the phone wants to broadcast.

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”