Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

SOLD Rare W460 special hood prop to increase access

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
alaskagwagen

SOLD Rare W460 special hood prop to increase access

Post#1 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:58 pm

This is a nifty little item I have not ever seen anywhere else. It mounts to the Pedal box up by the hood hinge and will keep the 460 hood open a lot more than it does with the normal rod. It has a strap which fastens to the hood to keep it from opening too far (ie into the windshield). I have no idea what it is worth so make me an offer and we will go from there. I moved this from Gwagen to Gwagen over the years until I ran out of 460's so it should go be useful for someone here.

ADAM
Attachments
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg

offroad-world

Re: Rare W460 special hood prop to increase access

Post#2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 pm

alaskagwagen wrote:This is a nifty little item I have not ever seen anywhere else. It mounts to the Pedal box up by the hood hinge and will keep the 460 hood open a lot more than it does with the normal rod. It has a strap which fastens to the hood to keep it from opening too far (ie into the windshield). I have no idea what it is worth so make me an offer and we will go from there. I moved this from Gwagen to Gwagen over the years until I ran out of 460's so it should go be useful for someone here.

ADAM

hi adam .

i would like to have that bracket if you still have it .

mfg. guido .

EHKO

Post#3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 am

If anyone else has one for sale, I too would like one. Thanks

alaskagwagen

Post#4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 am

Sold! I can post more detailed photos before dispatching this - it is not too complicated to make one I would not think.

Otiswesty

Re: SOLD Rare W460 special hood prop to increase access

Post#5 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:54 pm

This is a nice little bit of kit. I had it on the 1985 300GD that I used to own and got another early on for my 280GE last year. It would be cool to see these reproduced. I could have the straps made here for pretty cheap.

It is funny, cuz I was just thinking about this today :lol:

alaskagwagen

Re: SOLD Rare W460 special hood prop to increase access

Post#6 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:32 pm

When I get a chance I will post pics with the dimensions. The strap would be a key piece. The rest is just simple bent metal and a rod.

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”