Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Ironman 4x4 Suspension parts possibility for 440,461,463

Post your parts for sale, for trade, for free, or wanted ads here
Rwnaf

Re: Ironman 4x4 Suspension parts possibility for 440,461,463

Post#11 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:55 am

tpond wrote:The North American operation is in Wilsonville, OR, and the marketing Manager is a good friend, so I have been getting bits and pieces of info as they bring over more products. They make all of their springs and shocks in house, with factories in Thailand, China and Australia. Tony has a full set of springs and shocks installed on his red SWB, and will be testing soon. I am looking forward to his feedback.

TPond - any feedback on the performance of the Ironman lift on that SWB? Did you notice any negative effects on the handling that would necessitate a camber kit? I’m taking delivery of a W461 Wolf TODAY and came across the Ironman setup in my search for a mild lift kit. Unfortunately, this is the only thread discussing this brand on CGW, and in searching Google I only found a small blurb on Expedition Portal.

Ultimately, I’m looking for a 1.5” to 2” lift to run 32”-33” tires that also levels the front end. I welcome anyone’s experience on alternative products (ORC, ARB, Thor, various MB spring combos, etc) that will accomplish this on the lighter, SWB, convertible Wolf. TIA

G Nome

Post#12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:14 am

My buddies Toyota tacoma suspension is holding up well for what it is worth. He is working that thing with a full camper on top. Wheels the shit out of it.

I don't think you really need a lift to run those size tires but it is up to you.

Any lift on a SWB and I would adjust the camber. Even a LWB for that matter.

Good luck and thanks for filling out your profile. Congrats on your Wolf. Woooof.

Kent

Rwnaf

Post#13 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:12 pm

G Nome wrote:My buddies Toyota tacoma suspension is holding up well for what it is worth. He is working that thing with a full camper on top. Wheels the shit out of it.

I don't think you really need a lift to run those size tires but it is up to you.

Any lift on a SWB and I would adjust the camber. Even a LWB for that matter.

Good luck and thanks for filling out your profile. Congrats on your Wolf. Woooof.

Kent

Kent - hearing your buddy’s positive experience is appreciated. Especially if he’s really pushing it. As for the camber adjustment, it seems like cheap insurance on a lift for the handling so I’ll likely put it in no matter what lift I get.

My Wolf arrived today I enjoyed some unpaved roads to check the 4wd and lockers this evening. Looking forward to the projects I have planned.

Return to “G Parts FS/FT/WTB”