Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

G Springs and Aftermarket Bargain Versions

Any post where the initial author's intention is share information pertaining to parts specific to the G-klasse. This includes information about the parts needed for a certain repair job, or how to find the parts (different suppliers, etc).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
offroad-world

Re: G Springs and Aftermarket Bargain Versions

Post#11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 am

Ericsworld wrote:May I ask what the correct color combo of Front and Rear springs is for a standard 463 00+ G500? No extra accessories (no winch, no racks, etc).

I would like to maintain the factory, level ride height and also the factory ride quality.

yellow - orange in the front and yellow - orange in the rear .

mfg. guido .

GermanStar

Post#12 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Does anybody know right combo for swb/cabrio 300td?

2000 Europa

Post#13 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 am

For LWB yellow/orange - I bought from eurotruck .. no need to look elsewhere as it was under $500 shipped for all four springs.

Installing in the next month along with all 4 bilstein OE style shocks and $550 worth of trailing/radius arm bushings/hardware. Should be a good upgrade.

Springs: http://www.eurotruck-importers.com
Bushings: OEMercedesbenzparts.com
Shocks: Rears fcpeuro.com, Fronts rockauto.com

atown

Post#14 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Gelande wrote:Like my previous posts about generics (i.e.: bearings, seals, etc)

So it is imperative above all else that the springs you choose, no matter their maker are progressive coil diameter for the rear of the truck. The front does not need this as its load does not change as greatly as the rear.

Hope this helps you when you are looking for that next set of springs, to know what numbers to use, and in some cases to save money on aftermarket / generic offers.

Happy Driving!

Heya, thanks for all the info. Question:

I have a 1992 350 GD Turbo LWB. I drive 80% on road and then 10% gravel, 10% real off-road. It's my weekend adventure ride as well as fun road trips.

The rear springs were cracked and I replaced with G500 springs (don't remember the color).
The front springs are bending and squeaky, so wanting to replace those as well as the shocks while I'm at it.

There's a lot of different opinions out there and I'd like to hear what you think.

I own a set of the front G500 springs currently (came in a full set), so thinking of just throwing those on there (Green), but I know the engine in my car is heavier than the G500 by about 150lbs. Not sure overall weight with other components.

Thoughts on the springs? And while I'm at it, I'd like to replace the shocks as well, and that opens up a whole new can of worms, but thinking of just trying the OEM bilsteins (not HD).

Any help is much appreciated!

Chris

Post#15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:36 pm

G500 engine does weigh less than inline 6, but that weight loss is made up for in the t5speed auto weighing 100lbs more than 4spd, and the extra luxury features brings G500 weighing slightly more than 300ge/350gd.

Green springs were must have been from the much lighter SWB G500.

atown

Post#16 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Chris wrote:G500 engine does weigh less than inline 6, but that weight loss is made up for in the t5speed auto weighing 100lbs more than 4spd, and the extra luxury features brings G500 weighing slightly more than 300ge/350gd.

Green springs were must have been from the much lighter SWB G500.

So you thinking that mounting those on the LWB is a bad idea? Sounds like it might go in the wrong direction.

pierre repairs

Post#17 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 pm

I have red on my G300TD
G300TD - W463.331 & G250 - W461.401 Wolf LL

Return to “Info: How to locate and purchase parts for your Gwagen”