Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

G-wagen automatic gearboxes

Any post where the initial author's intention is share information pertaining to parts specific to the G-klasse. This includes information about the parts needed for a certain repair job, or how to find the parts (different suppliers, etc).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Jh84300d

Re: G-wagen automatic gearboxes

Post#11 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:02 am

my 2009 G55 does the same thing surging while descending in low. with and without the ABS on. with and without the lockers on. i find myself riding the brake, or just keeping it in high for descending and riding the brake. the torque is not as bad in high, so the ride is smoother. I haven't done any crawling where I had to use power to get over something on a descent.

speedkills

Post#12 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 pm

I still suspect a vacuum leak on mine and haven't gotten around to smoke testing it. If I ever do figure it out I'll try to remember to post up what fixed it for me. No luck so far though.

VeldWerks

Post#13 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:38 pm

relative to this thread I bought our "rescue" G55and discovered while in amazing shape physically it had a failing tranny.... Eurocharged sent it out to be built by Southern Outlaw and spec'ed for more HP ( G65 parts and higher stall converter and a few other tweaks).... spendy, but it's smooth and ready for another 200hp.... EC can also tune the TCU, if you want blip shift or it to have specific features give Adam a call at ECATX ( Austin)

speedkills

Post#14 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:41 am

Speaking of TCU tuning, I'm trying to join a beta now of a custom TCU replacement that has open source code on github. If I get into that, I could just program in new features in a programming language I understand, which would be amazing.

Return to “Info: How to locate and purchase parts for your Gwagen”