Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

FAQs and Global G-Klasse Web Links....... Look Here First!

Any post where the initial author's intention is share information pertaining to parts specific to the G-klasse. This includes information about the parts needed for a certain repair job, or how to find the parts (different suppliers, etc).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
amzimmy

Re: FAQs and Global G-Klasse Web Links....... Look Here Firs

Post#31 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 am

Maybe a suggestion to be added-on to the list under "Brakes".

"Powerbrake" is represented (or will be shortly) in the USA.

http://www.powerbrake.co.za/catalog/catalog_std_kit.htm

amzimmy

Gelande

Post#32 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 pm

did this happen?
Is there a us importer?

Adoni

Post#33 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:44 am

I tried contacting Powerbrake and couldn't get any answers out of them. At this point I am considering asking our brethren in SA/AUS/NZ if I can pay them and have the brakes and rotors mailed to me.

amzimmy

Post#34 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Adoni wrote:I tried contacting Powerbrake and couldn't get any answers out of them. At this point I am considering asking our brethren in SA/AUS/NZ if I can pay them and have the brakes and rotors mailed to me.

Adoni, I have personally spoken to Colin Murphy (owner) he has stated that they have an outlet in the US. Presently I am on Safari but I'll be back by the 15th April, and will get all the necessary contact information.

amzimmy

amzimmy

Post#35 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Here is the full address and contact details for "Powerbrakeusa"

http://www.powerbrakeusa.com/form/form.php

amzimmy

amzimmy

Post#36 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Any one interested in the "Powerbrake" products, please contact "Powerbrake" South Africa directly!

Here the copy of the message received from Colin Murphy (Owner) directly.

"We'll ship the matched disc/pad kits direct from here via DHL to US customers. Our current US distributor handles only high-level race products.

Michel, could you please confirm vehicle details and the state in the US that your friends are based in and I will revert with a quote on the kit(s) as well as door-to-door delivery via DHL.

Regards,

Clive Murphy | Powerbrake
Tel) +27 12 803 0155 / 0092 | Fax) +27 12 803 0200
sales@powerbrake.co.za | www.powerbrake.co.za | www.powerbrakeusa.com"

revellix

Post#37 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 am

You can find all possible parts for Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen here:

//mercteil.com
Last edited by revellix on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

mk216v

Post#38 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Will fit nicely on the boulevard in South Beach.

revellix

Post#39 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:46 pm

mk216v wrote:Will fit nicely on the boulevard in South Beach.

The most popular items at the time! We can provide all needed parts control units/engine parts/interior/exterior.

diesel_jim

Newbie here! Hello... hola.... Guten Tag....etc etc

Post#40 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:25 am

Hi all, I just joined this forum after lurking for a few months.

I'm really keen in G's, and am on the lookout (eventually, when £££'s allow) for one. Being in the UK it'll eitehr end up being a SWB 460 or a nice 3.0l diesel station wagon on a LWB. need to sell one of my Land Rovers first.

I'm mainly a LR man... have had them for years, since I was 15 (40 now....), currently have a 110 Td5 and a 90 Td5, both of which i've built myself. But as said, I really fancy a G wagon. Used to work on them when I was in REME(V) (Army mechanical core) as a mechanic.

They do seem very similar to LR's (apart from build quality.... of which LR have none! :lol: so I'd imagine that a lot of the tech stuff will feel second nature to me.

The civilian station wagons, in black or the deep blue do look really nice, but I've been reading Guido's Wolf rebuild thread and have a hankering to have a military spec one (my 90 I built is full military spec, apart from the Td5 engine)... don't know what SWMBO would say about that though :?

They are available here in the UK from L Jackson's one of the Military equipment agents.... will have to email them and get a price!

Anyway, hello all, hope to be able to join in the banter.

cheers

Jamie

Return to “Info: How to locate and purchase parts for your Gwagen”