Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Eurotruck importers status

Any post where the initial author's intention is share information pertaining to parts specific to the G-klasse. This includes information about the parts needed for a certain repair job, or how to find the parts (different suppliers, etc).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
alaskagwagen

Re: Eurotruck importers status

Post#11 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks for all the reassurance. I just got an email from Steve and parts are on the way. I have worked with EI for many years with no problems. Quick service, great expertise etc. I am not sure what happened with this last big order. Hopefully all will be well.

I have to also say that I have had great service with Vlad at fourbyfourclub as well. We are a lucky community to have these great vendors.

Adam

schuhe

Post#12 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:36 pm

I agree, Adam.

Very good to hear from you, BTW.

How is your current G doing?

Tom

Marge300GD

Post#13 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 am

Well, spoke with Sean at Eurotruck today and looks like Steve is no longer with the company! Perhaps this has something to do with some of the shipping delays. Shame, I always enjoyed speaking with Steve and he was super helpful to me... :(

vadimivanovich

Post#14 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:39 pm

I did the same thing - talked to Sean and found out. Whatever happened, Steve helped me out a lot. I'm sorry to see him go. Sean has certainly been helpful as well so I hope everything goes well for them both.

alaskagwagen

Post#15 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Wow! Spring brings a lot of change around here!

I am waiting on some motor mounts and a drive shaft and a few other bits. Once those are here and I have the time to install them, the bright red Austrian fire truck should be back on the road burning diesel through five speeds.

I just sold my 1987 300gd to a very nice fellow who looks to have joined the board so our community just got one bigger.

Spring in Alaska cam early and was splendid but very warm then we had some huge forest fires and were coated in falling ash, then it rained, then it snowed, and now the sun is back out. Sounds like a good start to the summer.

Adam

schuhe

Post#16 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow! Besides your odd but then not so odd AK weather, Adam, the news from Euro Truck is a surprise. Spoke with Steve last week, but not a word of concern. Sorry to see that connection go away. He has been very helpful to me.

Something similar happened with Europa, when there was a series of changes in staff. This goes back to 1998 - I recall just getting comfortable with one, then a second, then a third staff person...then it all parts orders went to Euro Truck. I am hopeful that the future of G part suppliers continues Euro. They have been very helpful to me.

Tom

Marge300GD

Post#17 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:19 am

Yes, I was surprised too. I hope Eurotruck continues to be my pipeline as they are so close and speak English! :) Just found out that an order placed 10 days ago won't be arriving for a few weeks... :cry: Evidently part of the problem that led to Steve's demise... Sean has been helpful throughout.

Flanker525

Post#18 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Quick bump to this thread....

I had to amend an order that I placed last night but was completely unable to get a hold of anyone. I left 2 voicemails and sent an email as well yet my order still shipped out..... :?: :?:

VolvoC303

Post#19 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:47 am

Any news of late about them?

Crank

Post#20 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:00 am

I have placed a couple orders from them this year. No issues. Very helpful. They don't answer every phonecall, but I'm not in a rush, this is a hobby not a business for me.
-Crank

Return to “Info: How to locate and purchase parts for your Gwagen”