Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Made in Pittsburgh, Germany?

Any post where the initial author's intention is share information pertaining to parts specific to the G-klasse. This includes information about the parts needed for a certain repair job, or how to find the parts (different suppliers, etc).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Locked up

Re: Made in Pittsburgh, Germany?

Post#11 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Popped my new windshield in today. It took about 3 weeks to arrive, the dealer claimed that it came from Germany. The tag definitely said "Pittsburgh glass", but the bug on the actual windshield says "Pilkington".

Really nice fit, my previous windshield was home made, the corners were a little wonky, and there was no shading at the rear view mirror. The best part was that there was only 2 tiny rust bubbles, and only on the frame edges.

Eric

Motto

Re: Made in Pittsburgh, Germany?

Post#12 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:05 pm

I remember paying $180+tax Canadian $$ for the molding not a long time ago. and windshield was less than that. I even said to parts guy in dealer that members in G forums may have hard time in believing that low prices.. It took 10 days came from Germany inside of a monstrous box. I really dont see the point of getting the windshield cut in a shop if there is no emergency. Installation also can be done in 5 minutes, really simple.

Motto

Return to “Info: How to locate and purchase parts for your Gwagen”