Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Photo DIY- Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild

Highlighted Do It Yourself Articles as submitted over the years from season G veterans and club members. Save Money! Become self-supporting! Share what you have learned too!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
g-amg

Photo DIY- Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild

Post#1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Greets.

Since my truck won't start, it has given me the opportunity to take care of some other issues, one of which was my Dead Clutch Master Cylinder.

Apparently, the Rebuild sets from FAG (aka FTE) are no longer available. The only thing available is the OEM Mercedes Kit. One Plastic "Gut" to it.. Thats all.

Please note, this is for the W460.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

g-amg

Re: Photo DIY- Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild

Post#2 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:40 pm

part 2
Attachments
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

g-amg

Post#3 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:41 pm

part 3
Attachments
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG

Dai C

Post#4 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for the great photo report. Great sequence, clear images, NICE TOOLS! Clean workspace, man.

I'll talk to Mike to see how to get your photo DIY on the G-Tech section. Nice job.

-Dai

AmatoBGSG

Post#5 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:37 am

Yes, I really am posting on a thread from 8 yrs ago! But, as I am doing this now...

This DIY post is just a touch incomplete! Before installing the "circlip" spring clip (end of "part 2" above), you need to insert a washer having an inside diameter small enough that it will prevent the new piston from backing out of the cylinder by hitting the metal piece on the piston itself:
download/file.php?id=16106&mode=view

See here for discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6526
1980 300GD BGS

Return to “DIY: Mechanical Repair Guides”