Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

W460 idiots guide wiring diagram

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
awjunkies

Re: W460 idiots guide wiring diagram

Post#11 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Reserving this for the weekend. I found a couple connections in the engine bay that needed cleaning and just started the drivers side tail. Removed tape/untwisted/scotchbrite clean/solder and shrink wrap/new ends. Got to about the 3rd wire and upon closer inspection the other wires were completely corroded. I carefully used a razor blade and unsheathed them as far back as I could and the wires were black throughout.

Still no driver turns/brake and reverse lights.

awjunkies

Post#12 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:01 am

This is the diagram, trying to make sense of their color code.

81 is driver tail, 76 pass

A - turn
B - tail lamp
C - stop lamp
D - reverse

Thanks again
Attachments
image.jpg

awjunkies

Post#13 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:16 am

Google is my friend

Hope this will ease the frustration for others as well.

A - turn signals: black/white
B - tail lamp: gray/green
C - stop lamp: black/red
D - back up: yellow/black

I'm in crane class right now learning about all different categories of cranes/hyd pumps, etc. and all I can think about are my lights. I think I may know the culprit though. When I installed my new quarter turn signals on the driver side they stayed on no matter what so I unplugged them. If memory serves me now that I know what colors go where the PO had the door switch wires in that spot. Never made a difference before because the bulbs in the old housing were busted! Can't wait for the weekend!!!
Attachments
image.jpg

AlanMcR

Post#14 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 am

Sorry, I didn't quite understand your original request. For those uninitiated in the ways of euro circuit diagrams, I have attached a nice article from Motor magazine that, I think, does a great job of introducing the subject.
UnderstandingEuroWiringDiagrams.pdf
(222.6 KiB) Downloaded 425 times

blueg

Post#15 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:37 am

I agree, intermittent can mean ground. I found a faulty HAZARD switch effected all of my lights. Changed that and cleared up the road legal problems anyways. The 79 to 85 seemed to run a lot of circuits through the hazard switch. Maybe that is why they are so costly and likely act like a big fuse as well as a little needed (hopefully) switch.

rhd280

Post#16 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:33 pm

W460-Color-Wire-Diagram.jpg

Please check for errors. W460 Wire Diagram photoshopped to show colors. Click to zoom

mguzman16

Post#17 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:59 am

Anyone with a colored diagram for a 300GD? that would be very appreciated. TIA

Return to “DIY: Electrical Troubleshooting”