Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Ashtaroth wheels... another reason they are good

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Otiswesty

Re: Ashtaroth wheels... another reason they are good

Post#31 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:48 am

I recommend the 275/70/18 size as a perfect compromise for the US spec wheels. They are just over 33", no spacer or lift required. They just barely barely touch the fender liner at full compression. I like the General Grabber AT2, but they have been superceded with a new tire model.

I think that last picture has a 30 mm spring spacer added
Attachments
Grabber.JPG
Compression.jpg
275-70.jpg

blamopdx

Post#32 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Hope I'm not derailing here, but I've got a set of Ashtaroth on my new-to-me W460 with unknown spacers and running into lug bolt problems:

1) The spacers don't completely line up with the back wheels, so only four bolts fit into the both the wheel and the spacer, and

2) It came to me with the shorter (32mm?) stock lug bolts and they're only going in about 5 turns. Ordered the longer (45mm?) bolts and they don't go in all the way.

I've got some H&R 31mm spacers on the way, and am wondering what length bolts you folks are running if you have this Ashtaroth/H&R spacer set up?
1980 300GD
1982 300CD

Chris

Post#33 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:20 am

Normal G500 lug bolts are all you need

blamopdx

Post#34 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am

Thanks @Chris!
1980 300GD
1982 300CD

jquiroz

Post#35 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 pm

BoogieG wrote:I'm running a set of Ashtaroth wheels, 7.5Jx18. What would be the maximum dimensions of tires I can put on here? I'm on the lookout for something something like the BFG ko2, General grabber, Atturo M/T's.

Where can you pick up a set of 18” Ashtaroth’s?

blamopdx

Post#36 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Anybody happen to have an Ashtaroth wheel mounted to their barn door spare wheel carrier? If so, would you mind posting a photo of how you have it mounted?

I just picked up a spare to replace the steel wheel on there and am having trouble fitting it to my w460 with barn doors.
1980 300GD
1982 300CD

Return to “Tech: Wheels and Tires”