Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

New BFG Mud Terrain KM2 285/16 has arrived for testing!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Adoni

Re: New BFG Mud Terrain KM2 285/16 has arrived for testing!

Post#11 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:59 am

Mike,

Sounds like the Safeway in Tahoe City... Not saying I've ever done something like that before at that specific place. May I also suggest the parking lot at Homewood? Not that I would know anything about that either or that the most fun one MIGHT have in that parking lot is in a late 90's Audi A4...

Gelande

Post#12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:10 am

yes my man, back side by "coffee conexxion"....only 2 poles in that part

redbull addict

Post#13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:23 am

Let me know next time your up. It would be great to see you in person. I'll probably go up this weekend.

My wife is paranoid about the house. :roll:

Jwestpro

Post#14 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:17 pm

mserpe wrote:its hard to come by because they are just going into production

this will change looking forward, but yes, as with any BFG MT you might want to order 6

Those are some of the best period. I have only had the best experience with my bfg's over the years, MT's, AT's all E load rated on my rovers.

Can we see some photos of these on the G ????? I'm researching the G in general to decide if it is at least as modifiable as the rovers have been and one simple thing is tire clearance so I am very curious to see the 32.7" 285/65x18's, 285/75x16, etc.

Will G500 brakes allow 16's on all years up to 08...09? or only on older ones before brakes were up-sized?

One big drawback with my lr3, besides the normal crap, is the lack of simple tire size. The 31.5" 265/65x18 is the largest tire and smallest rim that the structure and brakes allow. 285's won't fit without serious cutting and removal/rerouting of rear a/c lines.

Does anyone here lift the G's say 1-2" as in Old Man Emu springs or similar?

Excited about the G but wary.

Gumba

Post#15 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

New to the forum. Has anyone tried fitting either the VW Touarage or Cayenne 17" or 18" x 7.5"wheel. The offset appears to be 57mm. I have a '97 320 swb which appears to use a 63mm offset.

Return to “Tech: Wheels and Tires”