Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Ashtaroth wheels... another reason they are good

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Luky

Re: Ashtaroth wheels... another reason they are good

Post#11 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:37 am

We also have the BBS 8x15 on the old 240GD, they look ugly, but thay are wide and light :)
Attachments
GEJZA1.JPG

offroad-world

Post#12 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:52 am

Luky wrote:We also have the BBS 8x15 on the old 240GD, they look ugly, but thay are wide and light :)

when they are new they look nice :mrgreen:
Attachments
BBS.JPG

Crank

Post#13 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Which G's did the 16x7.5" open tear Ashtaroth's come on?

Any reason not to use them over Atik's?

PackerEdgerton

Post#14 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:38 pm

It is a funny photo, but I don't understand the premise of the statement. I bleed all four corners without needing to take any wheels off in the 300GD.

Sincerely,

Packman

mk216v

Post#15 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 pm

hus55 wrote:hutchinsons must surely be double the wieght from what i can remember..??

btw, i have 4 sets of different design oe G alloys , these are next on the list ;) [ but not for 600 euros each ! ]

Hi Hus,

16" Hutchies are ~35 pounds for the 1207 style I have, or 42'ish pounds for the original military style(I forget the model # of this wheel--it's the flat faced one). Not less unsprung weight vs factory, but more, ha! But they look cool, and that's all that matters right? :P

jack preston

Post#16 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:51 am

mk216v wrote:16" Hutchies are ~35 pounds for the 1207 style I have, or 42'ish pounds for the original military style(I forget the model # of this wheel--it's the flat faced one). Not less unsprung weight vs factory, but more, ha!

yea thats actually y i decided not to go with hutchies, just to heavy and way to much stress on the axles.

mk216v

Post#17 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:25 pm

jack preston wrote:
mk216v wrote:16" Hutchies are ~35 pounds for the 1207 style I have, or 42'ish pounds for the original military style(I forget the model # of this wheel--it's the flat faced one). Not less unsprung weight vs factory, but more, ha!

yea thats actually y i decided not to go with hutchies, just to heavy and way to much stress on the axles.

I agree I'd prefer them lighter, but per Hutchinson they don't make the forged units anymore, save for very very very rare gov't contracts.
I certainly hope the G is overbuilt enough to be able to handle an extra 10lbs of unsprung weight per corner.

WeizenG

Post#18 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:25 am

Anyone using the Hutchinson bead locks

mk216v

Post#19 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 pm

WeizenG wrote:Anyone using the Hutchinson bead locks

I was yes. Any questions on them? You may need to have them modified to be hubcentric to your G's hub.
A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.

Otiswesty

Post#20 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:04 pm

offroad-world wrote:
mserpe wrote:yup that's right Guido, hence why those are being fit to almost all of the military trucks coming out of Graz and also apparently Salonika as well now

do you know what weight difference is compared to Hutchinson 2 piece wheels?

no , never checked or asked for the weight , normally the weight is shown on the MB price list if you have .
a friend has a new set for sale , maybe he can check the weight or give me the part number , he told me that they are that much expensive .

mfg. guido .

Open tear Ashtaroth weight and closed tear Ashtaroth weight in Kg
Attachments
OpenKg.jpg
ClosedKg.jpg
461.213, 463.241

Return to “Tech: Wheels and Tires”