Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Ashtaroth wheels... another reason they are good

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Bruce_Gwagen

Re: Ashtaroth wheels... another reason they are good

Post#41 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:33 am

I have a 1985 w460 and current run 15” rims. I bought some used 18” Ashtaroth rims and looking to install them. Anybody know what type of lug bolts I need and if I will need a spacer? Looking to put them on all terrain KO2 275/70/18 tires. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

G Nome

Post#42 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:27 am

You may get fragmented answers by asking the same question in several threads.

http://www.rubicon-trail.com/G-Class/wheels/start.html

Kent
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

Bruce_Gwagen

Post#43 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Did you end up getting longer bolts? I bought 50mm bolts and wondering if that would work for me? I’m putting on 18” Ashtaroths rims tomorrow with 270x75x18 BFG KO2. Hoping that should be ok. Not gonna use spacers.

blamopdx wrote:Hope I'm not derailing here, but I've got a set of Ashtaroth on my new-to-me W460 with unknown spacers and running into lug bolt problems:

1) The spacers don't completely line up with the back wheels, so only four bolts fit into the both the wheel and the spacer, and

2) It came to me with the shorter (32mm?) stock lug bolts and they're only going in about 5 turns. Ordered the longer (45mm?) bolts and they don't go in all the way.

I've got some H&R 31mm spacers on the way, and am wondering what length bolts you folks are running if you have this Ashtaroth/H&R spacer set up?

blamopdx

Post#44 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:18 am

Bruce_Gwagen wrote:Did you end up getting longer bolts? I bought 50mm bolts and wondering if that would work for me? I’m putting on 18” Ashtaroths rims tomorrow with 270x75x18 BFG KO2. Hoping that should be ok. Not gonna use spacers.

I am running the 45mm bolts and work perfectly. The issue was some low quality spacers the previous owner had on the G. The H&R spacers, Ashtaroth wheels, and those bolts have been a winning combo for me. Running the same size KO2s as you.
1980 300GD
1982 300CD

sofiabg

Post#45 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:38 pm

Are use the same wheels on my 460 but I do not use Spacers, actually I wouldn’t recommend such just Mount the wheels and you’ll be fine

Johnny Christensen

Post#46 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:15 am

sofiabg wrote:Are use the same wheels on my 460 but I do not use Spacers, actually I wouldn’t recommend such just Mount the wheels and you’ll be fine

But that would only be possible with US marked ET43 version.
European version is ET63 and requires spacers to mount on 460 and 461 axels until production year 2001

Return to “Tech: Wheels and Tires”