Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

SINGLE CAB PROJECT 300GDT

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
CLMorgan

Re: SINGLE CAB PROJECT 300GDT

Post#281 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:35 am

Looking great Guido

blueg

Post#282 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Guido. Can you post some pictures of engine mounts and oil pan relative to front diff. I have 85 280GE with 617A conversion. Done sloppy. Oil pan and sump have been smashed and welded and I have some serious oil leakage under pressure. Thanks Scratch that unless you still have this truck - I just looked at the date you posted.

offroad-world

Post#283 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

blueg wrote:Guido. Can you post some pictures of engine mounts and oil pan relative to front diff. I have 85 280GE with 617A conversion. Done sloppy. Oil pan and sump have been smashed and welded and I have some serious oil leakage under pressure. Thanks Scratch that unless you still have this truck - I just looked at the date you posted.

i still have this G . i have the regular 300GD motor mounts but i have the orc coil springs and shock absorbers which is a 40mm lift . i do not see any problem with the front axle . i can try to make some pics of the clearance .

btw. i have a OM617A motor for spares , i think i have the complete oil pan and sump still under it .

mfg. guido .
300GDT OM617A Kastenwagen, 2850mm wheel base
250GDT OM602A Single Cab, 3400mm wheel base , gone to friend Orest

blueg

Post#284 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Guido. Todd back re 617A in 280 GE. Do the coil springs you have actually lower the front axle 40mm farther away from the bottom of the engine? Is that enough to remove the two piece oil pan as a whole? Thank you, I already have replacement upper pan and sump. They are mint used and nicely fit together. I would like to install them as they are. I am told to have this TD in this G, I must have special made engine brackets. I saw you had a set and a fellow named Christian in Cali went to a lot of R&D to fabricate and sells them but doesn't make many pairs at a time. I posted some questions to your PM earlier regarding some bits I'm looking for as well as some info. Thanks Guido.

J3T5

Post#285 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am

Any pictures of start of build can see any on till page 18

vadimivanovich

Post#286 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Todd, I have Christian's last pair of mounts. He has no plans to make more. They are available - PM me if interested.
"The way you think is the way you live"

blueg

Post#287 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks Vadim.
I got a pair off Christian last year, maybe june.
Do you plan to copy that last pair and keep the mounts available?
I ask because I am getting a proto type frame that's never been built and not sure what engine I will go with.
I was always taught that a real diesel is an in-line. The 617's are dated but they are tried and true.

vadimivanovich

Post#288 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am

I would be open to taking over production, with Christian's permission of course. At this point we are only talking about an agreement.
"The way you think is the way you live"

JCH4

Post#289 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:17 am

offroad-world wrote:
hus55 wrote:otiswesty, you should know guido better than that....

its always original with guido :)

hi huss .

some interior pics .

mfg. guido .

Guido, do you recall the source of the headliner in the photo above? Thank you!

offroad-world

Post#290 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:29 am

JCH4 wrote:
offroad-world wrote:
hus55 wrote:otiswesty, you should know guido better than that....

its always original with guido :)

hi huss .

some interior pics .

mfg. guido .

Guido, do you recall the source of the headliner in the photo above? Thank you!

this was the original headliner in the single cab , it was a dutch army single cab in camouflage with just the front part , i got the rear part on ebay , it is metal covered with foam and then upholstered , it is NOT self made . i think the front roof liner of a short wheel base or long wheel base will fit and the rear part can be made from the rest roof liner part , i have never compared .

mfg. guido .
300GDT OM617A Kastenwagen, 2850mm wheel base
250GDT OM602A Single Cab, 3400mm wheel base , gone to friend Orest

Return to “Tech: Diesel Engines and Conversions”