Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

1JZ-GTE Engine Swap

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
begunbe

Re: 1JZ-GTE Engine Swap

Post#21 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:30 am

Dear Folk,
I see here very interesting topic is going on. I own a SWB 230GE with 1JZGE engine since August and I would say it is a very good combination indeed.
I am seriously considering to put an AT transmission "compatible" with this particular engine and I am very welcome to hear your thoughts about it

AlanMcR

Post#22 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 am

Nice work. You might want to fab up a fan shroud, it will make a huge difference in cooling efficiency.

Teufel Hunden

Post#23 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:18 am

begunbe wrote:Dear Folk,
I see here very interesting topic is going on. I own a SWB 230GE with 1JZGE engine since August and I would say it is a very good combination indeed.
I am seriously considering to put an AT transmission "compatible" with this particular engine and I am very welcome to hear your thoughts about it

Did you do the swap or have info/write up on the swap? What's your thoughts on highway and offroad performance?

Thanks

w201

Post#24 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:08 am

:o , oy vay, each to its own, but i would not follow the route to replace a MB engine with a non-MB engine.

bentrod

Post#25 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 pm

w201 wrote::o , oy vay, each to its own, but i would not follow the route to replace a MB engine with a non-MB engine.

That's just my thinking too but like they say....Happiness is where you find it!
And the Cummins 4BT, while well built, is so unrefined and a very deep engine to fit into anything less then a full size American truck. IMO the Jeep Wranglers are ridiculous with a 4BT. Too heavy, must add a substantial lift kit and you can kiss goodbye any elbow room to work on it.

Racer9x

Post#26 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:04 pm

I am interested in details behind this swap, such as any input regarding dificulty, transmission used and any pictures of motor mounts, any specific details would be greatly appreciated.
I know many just can't contemplate the idea of a different motor implant, but the 2jzgte is a very commonly motor swap due to it being a very over engineered, relayable, affordable and capable motor, regardless of who or where it is originally manufactured, so that being said, it's a great/wise option in my book.

Return to “Tech: Diesel Engines and Conversions”