Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Walk-on Hood Ideas

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
inkblotz

Re: Walk-on Hood Ideas

Post#11 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Otiswesty wrote:My projects tend to move slowly, but I hope to finish it up before too long. :?

Nice bumper. Where is the porthole?

autonovice

Post#12 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 pm

The reenforcement metal can be copied. The trick
Is to find the foam/glue material that goes
Between the hood and reenforcement and have it
Applied, spaced out and cured evenly .
That stuff is lightweight , strong andheat resistant
The gap is 1cm

I think Canadian style walk on hood is reenforcement
All the way to the side where as others
Only reenforced the middle part

You also need to fashion a bracket for the
pneumatic lift on the rift hand side

amzimmy

Post#13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 pm

offroad-world wrote:
amzimmy could share nice pics from his G300CDI professional . the hood on my single cab is from canadian army G270CDI .

mfg. guido .

One of my dream trucks.[/quote]

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160658243858?ssP ... 1423.l2649

this is for the professional , not the same as from canadian army . hope amzimmy can show us details .

mfg. guido .[/quote]

HI Guys, sorry to disappoint you but my hood is the normal one with the pop-rivet "Humps" and not the "walk on" hood. Only the later models 2012 have been offered by MB as an option with "Walk-on-hood". We have some of or members in the SA G-Club that have this type of hood. I had a close look on it and it looks like MB has pop-riveted (on the side lip) an additional hood over the standard hood. I will ask for someone to take some picks for me in the next couple of days!
Now I'm off to a little long weekend drive in the "Bush" with my G300CDI Prof!

amzimmy
Attachments
Hood.jpg

offroad-world

Post#14 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:19 am

amzimmy wrote:HI Guys, sorry to disappoint you but my hood is the normal one with the pop-rivet "Humps" and not the "walk on" hood. Only the later models 2012 have been offered by MB as an option with "Walk-on-hood". We have some of or members in the SA G-Club that have this type of hood. I had a close look on it and it looks like MB has pop-riveted (on the side lip) an additional hood over the standard hood. I will ask for someone to take some picks for me in the next couple of days!
Now I'm off to a little long weekend drive in the "Bush" with my G300CDI Prof!

amzimmy

hi amzimmy .

i mounted the special wolf walk on hood , it is the version where a second hood is used to install it on the normal one , the rivets type . as the hood can not be mounted deeper as it will hit the fenders i think it must be higher position as it is more thick . it will be nice if you post similar pics from yours like i did and let me know which type of hood you have .
i am a little bit confused as it looks like the hood is not mounted perfect .

thank you for your input .

mfg. guido .
Attachments
CIMG7413.JPG
CIMG7417.JPG
CIMG7418.JPG

Fernando BR

Post#15 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:52 am

Nice Wolf.

hus55

Post#16 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 am

so you guys are saying that if you have a spare bonnet, you can make up a walk on hood by rivetting them together
??

hmmmm...... this sounds good 8-)

inkblotz

Post#17 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 am

hus55 wrote:so you guys are saying that if you have a spare bonnet, you can make up a walk on hood by rivetting them together
??

That would make for one HEAVY Hood.

cartop

Post#18 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:03 am

hus55 wrote:so you guys are saying that if you have a spare bonnet, you can make up a walk on hood by rivetting them together
??

Hi Hus55, my weight is 105 kilos ( about 220 lb ), can I walk too on my cab bonnet without damage ? :P

hus55

Post#19 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 am

[quote="cartop"][quote="hus55"]so you guys are saying that if you have a spare bonnet, you can make up a walk on hood by rivetting them together
??

hmmmm...... this sounds good

Hi Hus55, my weight is 105 kilos ( about 220 lb ), can I walk too on my cab bonnet without damage ?

hi cartop. if guido can walk on his bonnet you can jump up and down no problem at all !! :lol:

rgds hus

offroad-world

Post#20 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am

hus55 wrote:
cartop wrote:
??

hmmmm...... this sounds good

Hi Hus55, my weight is 105 kilos ( about 220 lb ), can I walk too on my cab bonnet without damage ?

hi cartop. if guido can walk on his bonnet you can jump up and down no problem at all !! :lol:

rgds hus

hey hey , i lost weight you cannot know :D

mfg. guido .

Return to “Tech: Body, Chassis, Trim, Paint, Color Codes”