Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

WALK-ON-HOOD i like that

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
offroad-world

Re: WALK-ON-HOOD

Post#31 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:42 am

i know a couple of good handcrafted mechanics who gave up by a DIY walk-on-hood .
when you have later waves on the hood , you worry all along the trips you do .

there are some parts which are not so easy made by yourself , this is one of them .

mfg. guido .

offroad-world

Re: WALK-ON-HOOD i like that

Post#32 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 pm

the walk on hood on my single cab is from the canadian army and not from a PUR G .
in the pics you can see my PROFESSIONAL walk-on-hood .

mfg. guido .
Attachments
CIMG3162.JPG
CIMG3161.JPG

Mcfly

Post#33 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:59 am

offroad-world wrote:the walk on hood on my single cab is from the canadian army and not from a PUR G .

mfg. guido .

Guido, Did you do the grip work on the Professional hood? Would really like to do what MB did in the way of grip material rather than a roll on Rhino lining for when I get my hood.

Thank you Sir

-Marty

offroad-world

Post#34 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Mcfly wrote:
offroad-world wrote:the walk on hood on my single cab is from the canadian army and not from a PUR G .

mfg. guido .

Guido, Did you do the grip work on the Professional hood? Would really like to do what MB did in the way of grip material rather than a roll on Rhino lining for when I get my hood.

Thank you Sir

-Marty

hi marty .

have never seen it when it was sprayed or rolled or how it was made . i know it only from used hoods .
i bought the professional hood as is .

mfg. guido .

Mcfly

Post#35 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Christmas come early!! Santa is a German man named Guido. Just picked up my new hood from air cargo. It's even sexier in person. Thank you!

Now to figure out the grip part of this equation. Thinking I might experiment with the roll on style and see how it looks on a practice hood. I know Guido has sold a couple of these so I'm curious what others have done. My goal is to go for an OEM look.

-Marty
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

vadimivanovich

Post#36 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:35 pm

Spray on is the way to go. I've tried roll-on for a different vehicle. The problem is that the roller leaves obvious patterns in the paint. There are non-slip self-adhesive stickers that really look great. There are even clear ones. Might be worth a try - that's what they use on airplanes.

Mcfly

Post#37 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:56 am

vadimivanovich wrote:Spray on is the way to go. I've tried roll-on for a different vehicle. The problem is that the roller leaves obvious patterns in the paint. There are non-slip self-adhesive stickers that really look great. There are even clear ones. Might be worth a try - that's what they use on airplanes.

Great! This is exactly the info I was hoping to get. Thank you

diesel_jim

Post#38 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:51 pm

Boat places are good for the stick on grip stuff. I've seen it a lot here in the UK at chandlers. ideal for the steps onto and off of yachts.

pierre repairs

Post#39 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:46 am

I just have a couple of question about the walk on hood:
1. Is there any noise insulation to fit on it as on standard bonnet / hood? I.e can I use insulation of any other bonnet?
2.Does it fit on a W463?
3. what are the reference number for the plastic grills on the top?

Thanks
G300TD - W463.331 & G250 - W461.401 Wolf LL

offroad-world

Post#40 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:27 pm

pierre repairs wrote:I just have a couple of question about the walk on hood:
1. Is there any noise insulation to fit on it as on standard bonnet / hood? I.e can I use insulation of any other bonnet?
2.Does it fit on a W463?
3. what are the reference number for the plastic grills on the top?

Thanks

hi pierre .

the PUR hoods for the G270CDI have a kind of foam in it , same for G280CDI . all of them have no isolation mat . the hood from the G300CDI Professional has 3 vents and is one hood revited onto the other , a different system , this one has 3 vents . the hood from the canadian army G270CDI is again a different model , the one seen in this thread is the cheapest .

mfg. guido .
300GDT OM617A Kastenwagen, 2850mm wheel base
250GDT OM602A Single Cab, 3400mm wheel base , gone to friend Orest

Return to “Tech: Body, Chassis, Trim, Paint, Color Codes”