Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Different protection plates.

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
gmaschine

Re: Different protection plates.

Post#11 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Another one to add here.

This one has vented slats. I never knew this existed but came specifically for the G350d Professional (GPUR). MB updated the design from the original since I hear they had some over heating issues on early production models.

Anyways, it looks cool. On a gas engine, probably aids in a bit of cooling but the downside is that it will cover the entire underside with mud, etc.

vadimivanovich

Post#12 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:24 pm

The most vulnerable area of the plate is now riddled with holes! Umm, no thanks.
"The way you think is the way you live"

Otiswesty

Post#13 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Probably for increasing airflow to a trans oil cooler. Mine is down there in the secondary G55 cooler position.
461.213, 463.241

pierre repairs

Post#14 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:15 pm

If this is Mercedes production ?? Then they have to look into their ISO standards and quality control... The grill doesn't seem properly welded and the "deflector plate" seems to have suffered cold deformation... This seems more like amateur modification then Mercedes OEM ... just my opinion
G300TD - W463.331 & G250 - W461.401 Wolf LL

Return to “Tech: Body, Chassis, Trim, Paint, Color Codes”