Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

1979 SWB diesel 460, Ca. Smog Exempt!

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
VolvoC303

Re: 1979 SWB diesel 460, Ca. Smog Exempt!

Post#11 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 pm

Thanks but I'm kind of experienced at selling exotic 4x4's, to put it lightly, and it's obvious I'm in no rush here and not into making a big production out of an ad. When I really want to buy a truck, I investigate it and contact the buyer, I don't make decisions based on forum ads and I don't think others do either. If someone really wants it, they can PM me, which has already happened and lots of info was sent that is not pictured here, nor will it be.

"Fair bit of coin"? That's the market in Ca. for a smog legal G, like it or not. Nah, the price is what it is.

When I "converted the rear space"? :lol: It has a piece of wood that acts as a sleeping surface that you can remove in 5min..

For those with actual inquires, PM me as I may not be checking the forums much.

cal_w460

Post#12 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:19 am

I like OEM aswell byt I am starting to change opinion regarding resale value. There aren't that many people who are informed and who really value a 100% oem old G wagen. Most of them are located in Germany and surrounding countries.

Someone looking for a capable G to take on short overland trips might pay more for a modified vehicle if the modifications are done right.

Ironically the G:s with the highest asking price are the ones who are 0% OEM and built up by scrapped and new parts. Without a VIN that correlates to the specific build.

Good luck with the sale Volvo_C303. Even though I think you should keep it.
w460.333 1982 Colorado Beige 300 GD OM617.931

Atl-Wagen

Post#13 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:06 am

Links to your improvement posts might be beifical. Certainly the thread on sound abatement is a good read, and reflects well on your attention to detail.
Back on the Wagen, in an 88 Danish Army SWB soft top with the folding windshield.

Chris

Post#14 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 am

I hope this G finds a good CA home with a new owner, good luck with the sale Vince.

efg123

Post#15 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:18 am

Having looked for a 460 in the not so distant past I want to add my .02 that they are very hard to find. Importing one was not easy or inexpensive.

This vehicle is from a forum member who has cared for it and driven it.

Registration will be easy in any US state.

I think this price is low for what the truck is worth. I see people paying much more for much less truck.

They look good in white. Like storm troopers.

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”