Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Thoughts on this one?

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
Canyon

Re: Thoughts on this one?

Post#11 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:18 am

It was similar to what it is now. I can't remember the exact figure, but I know it was over 130k.

jonathan joseph

Post#12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Anyone on the forum in the Dallas area maybe want to have some fun and go look at this for me? I'd like a G experienced eye put on the known rust areas. I wouldn't hesitate to get a PPI from a reputable local Mercedes shop also but a knowledgeable G person would be a valuable first stage of vetting.

KipF

Post#13 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 pm

It's a nice looking rig. The lift kit doesn't look out of place with the 22" wheels. Any idea why there appears to be electrical tape covering the front diff lock switch?

AlanMcR

Post#14 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Looks like the rectangular lens insert might have fallen out.The black tape probably looks better than the hole. Cheap to replace.
...Alan

KipF

Post#15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks Alan!

AlanMcR

Post#16 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Note that the right vent is cracked in several places. I'd be asking questions.
...Alan

jonathan joseph

Post#17 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:47 am

AlanMcR wrote:Note that the right vent is cracked in several places. I'd be asking questions.

Alan, meaning? Concerns about the locker buttons having been removed maybe? Trim broken from rough removal?

AlanMcR

Post#18 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:49 am

It appears that someone tried to get into the dash somewhat ham handedly. Fixing the lockers, or the locker damage is secondary to something else?
...Alan

apple

Post#19 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:39 am

Even on pristine low mileage trucks the 02+ vent grills will break if you so much as look at em wrong, I wouldn’t read too much into cracked ones.

UKRE

Post#20 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 pm

You need to pop the diff lock panel out to replace the head unit. That explains the cracked trim.

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”