Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

FOR SALE - G55 AMG GRAND EDITION

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
Ak13

Re: FOR SALE - G55 AMG GRAND EDITION

Post#11 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Interested and btw, I see you were looking to buy a 05-11 G55 in Nov 2020. Is this the one you bought then that you are looking to sell now?

kotahood

Post#12 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:39 pm

Ak13 wrote:Interested and btw, I see you were looking to buy a 05-11 G55 in Nov 2020. Is this the one you bought then that you are looking to sell now?

No sir, this G has been in my family since new. I was looking for another G for my wife, we ended up buying a Jeep SRT.

Feel free to text or DM with interest. I have 5 interested parties right now, going to be getting a PPI done in the next week.

jonathan joseph

Post#13 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:13 am

kotahood wrote:
jonathan joseph wrote:What makes a Grand Edition a Grand Edition? Looks identical to my '04 G55.

Read up on it, it's extremely interesting!
Mercedes was going to stop production on G's, so they announced the Grand edition would be the last ever made.... Then next day, production kept on going! Haha

So I googled my own answer to this, which is that essentially there is nothing different about a Grand Edition other than the badges, new wheel design and maybe exclusive color offerings. Which is why other than the wheels and badges, it looks exactly like my '04 with the Designo package.

kotahood

Post#14 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 am

jonathan joseph wrote:
kotahood wrote:
jonathan joseph wrote:What makes a Grand Edition a Grand Edition? Looks identical to my '04 G55.

Read up on it, it's extremely interesting!
Mercedes was going to stop production on G's, so they announced the Grand edition would be the last ever made.... Then next day, production kept on going! Haha

So I googled my own answer to this, which is that essentially there is nothing different about a Grand Edition other than the badges, new wheel design and maybe exclusive color offerings. Which is why other than the wheels and badges, it looks exactly like my '04 with the Designo package.

And for the main difference of course, '05 G55 is supercharged.. Big, big difference. :D

jonathan joseph

Post#15 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:34 pm

kotahood wrote:
jonathan joseph wrote:
kotahood wrote:Read up on it, it's extremely interesting!

And for the main difference of course, '05 G55 is supercharged.. Big, big difference. :D

Sure but that's all '05's. Not picking on your truck, it awesome. Just never knew the real deal behind the Grand Edition. GLWTS! Someone will get a great vehicle.
Please ley us know when it goes on BAT, will be fun to follow!
Jonathan

dcurbet

Post#16 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:38 pm

Is the 04 g55 not supercharged?

jonathan joseph

Post#17 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:42 pm

dcurbet wrote:Is the 04 g55 not supercharged?

It is not! One of the reasons I bought one. I don't really need or want the extra 100+HP and added complexity.

apple

Post#18 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:55 pm

jonathan joseph wrote:Just never knew the real deal behind the Grand Edition.

window sticker from another 05 G55:

ZD8 Grand Edition Package: Limited Edition Package with Grill Guard, Natural Maple designo Wood, Grand Edition Badging, and Numbered Edition Plate

On a G500 this package would also include differentiated 5-spoke wheels.

dcurbet

Post#19 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:58 pm

12-14 mpg :lol:
City highway whatever. The G don’t give a sh**

https://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”