Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Complete '86 300GD and '85 280GE body/chassis for sale

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
jonathan joseph

Complete '86 300GD and '85 280GE body/chassis for sale

Post#1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 am

**EDIT AGAIN**
Bumping this ad again. Have had some interest in this but not as much as I would think. Distance and work required seems to be the problem.
I had hoped to get some offers, which I did, to see what the market would bear but none of those deals worked out.
$7500 or best offer get's both. Or I start parting them out, which would kill me but certainly Recaro seats and jump seat and a decent engine and all the glas etc. is worth something.

**EDIT**
Just wanted to bump this post up. These are still for sale, after two reasonably committed parties fell through, not due to anything wiht the vehicle/s. Shipping distance on one and personal reasons on the other. Still going to be a great deal for someone close enough to manage to get them both home.

Hoping to sell the pair together as it was my plan to use one to fix the other but it seems like some of the interested parties were considering using them separately. So if anyone is interested in one or the other or parts or something like that, let me know, it's worth the conversation.

Haven't been around the forum in a long time. Many changes in life lead me to put my beloved but neglected 300GD up for sale. It is very rusty and I bought a far less rusty body to do a rebuild with.The new body is from an '85 280GE and has four doors, no rear barn door and all the glass with it, on a complete chassis. At this point I'd like to sell the whole package. Together or separate.
Too many details to list here. This is a big project not to be underestimated. I will be completely transparent about everything I know about the vehicles. There is much good. The complete 300GD was running (perfectly) until parked several years ago. (New truck and the birth of twins) before which it was a daily driver for years. The engine and injector pump were replaced with a brand new 617 in approximately 2005. Odometer doesn't work but there are much less than 100k miles on the engine. Recaro seats, and jump seats in back. Map light. Almost new BFG ATs when parked although maybe not good for the road anymore after sitting.
I will be happy to send photos and answer any questions for truly interested parties.
I am very realistic about the value. I want to move this project on to a good home with the capability to see it through. I can even deliver it within a reasonable distance. I am open to all reasonable offers, can't be offended. Feel free to contact me at jonathan@pivotspecialtyproducts.com anytime.
300GD.jpg

jonathan joseph

Re: '86 300GD roller and '85 280GE body/chassis for sale

Post#2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 am

**EDIT**
It occurred to me that my description of "roller" in the subject line might be misleading. I meant to imply that the car rolls, doesn't run.
The car has all parts necessary to run, as when parked, just hasn't been turned over in a long time. If I had more time I could get it started easily, and may get to it if it isn't sold quickly. Thanks, sorry for the confusion.
Jonathan

w123_sedan_guy

Re: '86 300GD roller and '85 280GE body/chassis for sale

Post#3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi I might be interested in this project. Your profile says that you’re located in the Charleston area. I’m just outside of Greenville SC and would like to take a look at these one weekend if possible. Do you have a price in mind?

jonathan joseph

Re: Complete '86 300GD and '85 280GE body/chassis for sale

Post#4 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:54 am

Bumping this up due to edit. New pricing. $7500 obo.

jonathan joseph

Post#5 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:12 am

Bump again. Vehicles are still available. Need to move them along. New price $6000 for both entire 300GD and body/chassis 280GE. Can help load and ship, whatever is necessary on this end.

Flanker525

Post#6 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 pm

I think posting more pictures of both cars would help....
2015 ML250
1991 350SDL
1990 300SEL (Parts Car)
1982 300GD Cabrio

EHKO

Post#7 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Flanker525 wrote:I think posting more pictures of both cars would help....

Agree

jonathan joseph

Post#8 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Guys, I've shared many photos with several interested parties. I have a drop box file of them. If any one is interested I will share. Just haven't seen the value in putting the time in to post here which I never find easy, when there aren't many serious potential buyers.
Jonathan

mogwild

Post#9 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 am

There might be more potential interested buyers with more pictures I think was the point. Just open up the drop box, and post a link here (no need to host the pics here if you don't want to) we can all click the link and get an idea of what is for sale.
-trev

jonathan joseph

Post#10 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm

I changed the settings, here are links to two drop box folders with pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/twrhdhjyegir ... sLkca?dl=0 (300GD)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vr54f3s3rkh3 ... 6zUla?dl=0 (280 body shell/chassis)

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”