Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

New Member Looking at these two G's-any input/advice?

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
Hppr

Re: New Member Looking at these two G's-any input/advice?

Post#11 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 am

Chris wrote:Post by autonovice » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm

For this: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld ... 94975.html

Chris - can't seem to figure out how to send you a message but I am really interested if you want to put him in touch with me.

Thanks so much

Andy

Hppr

Post#12 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:49 pm

autonovice wrote:For this: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld ... 94975.html

From the look $25K is not so bad ... but ... subtract for no A/C, 1.05 ratio for the rare TC (better and more common if .87 ratio). Axles are 5.286 ... good for an offroad base built. Trans is 717.439, which is Getrag and weak if you intend to put on oversize tires.

Another thing, take pics of front axle by the chrome ball. This will determine if the axle is narrow, 1425mm wide or normal 1475mm wide. 1425mm is perfect if you decide to bolt on Tibus portal, otherwise, not a common 463 axle width.

WDB46332817079996.pdf

Thank you for the build sheet and input!

inkblotz

Post#13 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:44 am

I like the 300GD though I may be biased having a SWB version of the same year. Super dependable though not fast. The 463 Getrag 5 speed should help. I ended up swapping in a turbo version to keep pace with the (always in a hurry) Atlanta traffic. Seems to have little rust. The rust they are showing on the rocker panel is the trim piece that can be replaced. Mileage with this motor is a non issue. Looks like a good truck to start you off.

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”