Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

FS: factory om606 W463 Texas

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
UNvisible

FS: factory om606 W463 Texas

Post#1 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:07 am

with a heavy heart, i'm going to entertain selling my w463 factory om606 truck. I am thinning my fleet as my new house does not have the room / garage space.... Going from 6 cars down to 2.... :lol: :lol:

1996 g300td

Blue / black leather, heated seats, AC, automatic. 290k km.

I just had a $5500 dollar service at bens workshop in Austin. Rebuilt the entire AC system, all new components, works amazing. Fluids flushed, glow plug relays replaced, other minor work. Then I just replaced the transfer case CV joints and replaced the high low shifting mechanism

Full 3" stainless exhaust to side pipe (sorta loud, but I love the way it sounds)
17" Evo Corse Dakar wheels from Mainline Overland (took 5 mo to get)
255 Cooper ST Maxx
rigid off road lights
aftermarket blue tooth head unit (stock head unit included)

Truck has been professionally ceramic coated

Bad:
Truck needs brake pads, crappy body repair on rear cargo door, passenger mirror glass is missing, have been trying to locate a replacement, intermittent ABS light. I dont expect the truck to sell too quickly, as it's a niche market, but I will probably continue to fix these things as time passes.

Truck was imported in 2018, I have the truck registered in my Montana LLC.

Truck is located in Dallas,Tx currently.

$50k

AlanMcR

Re: FS: factory om606 W463 Texas

Post#2 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Looks nice!
...Alan

inkblotz

Post#3 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:37 am

More photos please. Motor, interior etc...

G Nome

Post#4 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:42 am

Agree more photos would be helpful. The ones Inkblotz suggested and the rear door please.

Thanks for posting it here.

Kent

UNvisible

Post#5 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Yeah I will get some "for sale" pics soon. Weather was crappy and need to clean it now that it has cleared up.

pierre repairs

Post#6 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Nice truck.... More picture for own interest as I have a little sister from 1998
For the seller and potential buyer:
1. Under body pictures including rear springs supports - and springs last change
2.The battery box on the rear driver side? remove battery and look
3. Tail gate door top and bottom - Rust
4. Sunroof check both drains are clean
5. Under carpets on front foot well, humidity tends to stay and it's good to remove them from time to time
6. Drop the fuse box on passenger foot well and look for humidity / rust / oxydation
7. A pillar both front doors and blooming rust?
8. Windshield surrounding
9. Last automatic gear box oil changed and system flushed
10. Turbo, remove inlet hose and evaluate play in impeller
11. Check vacuum hoses going to the various components as often porous
12. There are 2 Electro valves near turbo often wiring is damaged due to surrounding heat check
13. Any issue with K40 relay?
ABS light on going can be:
a. Worn discs / pads _ I suggest and recommend to fit new Bosch discs and pads
b. A bad wiring connection at any of the 4 ABS sensors usually rear one also seen a damaged front wiring due to rubbing wheel - a diagnose would tell you
14. Check homokinetic between gearbox and transfer
single mirror glass available at Mercedes - not cheap though
A pity the original front fog lights have been replaced by later model ones
Surely one of the best Mercedes G and for me personally - A KEEPER ;)
G300TD - W463.331 & G250 - W461.401 Wolf LL

jsuntai

Post#7 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Nice looking truck.

UNvisible

Post#8 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:22 pm

pierre repairs wrote:Nice truck.... More picture for own interest as I have a little sister from 1998
For the seller and potential buyer:
1. Under body pictures including rear springs supports - and springs last change
2.The battery box on the rear driver side? remove battery and look
3. Tail gate door top and bottom - Rust
4. Sunroof check both drains are clean
5. Under carpets on front foot well, humidity tends to stay and it's good to remove them from time to time
6. Drop the fuse box on passenger foot well and look for humidity / rust / oxydation
7. A pillar both front doors and blooming rust?
8. Windshield surrounding
9. Last automatic gear box oil changed and system flushed
10. Turbo, remove inlet hose and evaluate play in impeller
11. Check vacuum hoses going to the various components as often porous
12. There are 2 Electro valves near turbo often wiring is damaged due to surrounding heat check
13. Any issue with K40 relay?
ABS light on going can be:
a. Worn discs / pads _ I suggest and recommend to fit new Bosch discs and pads
b. A bad wiring connection at any of the 4 ABS sensors usually rear one also seen a damaged front wiring due to rubbing wheel - a diagnose would tell you
14. Check homokinetic between gearbox and transfer
single mirror glass available at Mercedes - not cheap though
A pity the original front fog lights have been replaced by later model ones
Surely one of the best Mercedes G and for me personally - A KEEPER ;)

great info, i will provide pictures of all above.

Otiswesty

Post#9 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Keep this one, sell all the others.

autonovice

Post#10 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:47 pm

pierre repairs wrote:b. A bad wiring connection at any of the 4 ABS sensors usually rear one also seen a damaged front wiring due to rubbing wheel - a diagnose would tell you

Not sure of how to diagnose to ABS system except by the way of remove/replace cables/sensors. Rear ones are not availed from MB USA but I got for a friend from MB Canada. The price is around $400 USD each. A reputable mechanic in California replaced my front ones thinking these are bad. My ABS stuttered at about 2mph when braking. Turned out the left rear sensor sat cocked. The rear sensor must sit square to the abs ring gear at about 1/32 - 1/6 gap.

dcurbet here on the forum was gonna look into using Sprinter replacement rear sensors and splice the connection at the ABS controller. The ring gear for Sprinter has A463... part number! Apparently, aftermarket component parts for Sprinter are available, just not in N America. He should have part numbers I once sent him. I still have the old front ones. A friend asked me to use my old front ABS sensors to diagnose his ABS issue also. Not sure if I got them back yet.

Would be great to know how to diagnose without starting to replace items. My ABS light comes on once in a while. I can hear the ABS pump active once in awhile while depressing my pedal at crawl speed.

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”