Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

SOLD - FS: Canadian 2011 G550

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
wonder9

SOLD - FS: Canadian 2011 G550

Post#1 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:46 pm

FOR SALE - Canadian 2011 G550 (W463.237) – 110,000 kms/ 68,350 miles - CDN$ 71,500 / US$ 55,700

G550_1.JPG

Located in Calgary, Aberta. This Palladium Silver Metallic G550 is originally a Vancouver, B.C. truck, where it spent its first 6 years under 2 different owners. The 2nd owner, from whom I bought, barely had it for 3 months; he wanted a RIB (rigid inflatable boat) instead. In any event, I became the third owner in January, 2017.

I have complete service records dating from the day this G550 first left the Vancouver dealership.

This G-wagen is in wonderful 11-year-old condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. Body is unblemished except for the few scuffs the original owner put in the roof. I would rate paint condition at 8.5/10. I did get the hood, driver-side front door and front bumper resprayed, as well as having the cracked rear bumper replaced (all carnage courtesy of the original owner). All glass is original; windshield has some minor pitting. I am just starting to see the beginnings of one rust bubble under the windshield seal (lower corner- driver's side). Otherwise, the bodywork on this G-wagen is rust-free. Under my ownership, this G550 has always been garaged when not out on the road.

G550_2.JPG

The interior is in good, clean condition. The headliner is stain-free and not drooping. Interior hard and soft trim is in great condition and no pieces are missing. Leather seats are also in good condition; no rips, tears or dry cracking. All carpets and mats are clean and in great shape; footwells are protected with WeatherTech liners.

G550_5.JPG

G550_7.JPG

I drive this G550 around 4000 kms (2500 miles) per year. Despite such light use, I'm OCD with maintenance, both scheduled as well as preventative. Under my ownership, all fluids have been drained and replenished regularly (engine oil/hydraulics annually; coolant and gear oil every 2 years). Locks and hinges get regular squirts of Boeshield T-9. Door strikers get greased with the M-B “magic” silicone paste. The 7Gtronic transmission has been serviced. Thermostat has been replaced. Spark plugs and coil packs have been replaced. Crank position sensor has been replaced. All pulleys, tensioner and serpentine belt have been replaced. Output shaft of steering box has been resealed. Driver-side front window regulator has been replaced as well as one backup sensor. The front axle has just recently been serviced due to torn CV joint boots (new boots, seals and bearings). Entire tie-rod and drag link assemblies also replaced at same time (with subsequent re-alignment, of course). Diff locks have just been serviced including the replacement of both intensifiers due to leaking diaphragms.

Undercarriage is clean with minimal surface pitting/rusting. Original shocks and coil springs are in good condition as are the spring perches (this, despite the fact that here, in Calgary, they use copious amounts of a calcium chloride/beet juice slurry on our winter roads). My OCD idiosyncrasies have had me washing the undercarriage as often as the shiny side.

As for upgrades, the OEM running boards have been replaced with VTS (G-wagenaccessories.com) Rockmeister rock sliders and rocker panel guards. OEM battery has been replaced with a PC1350 Odyssey. Braking has been upgraded with cryo-treated, slotted Zimmermann brake rotors, Porterfield R4-S brake pads and braided stainless steel brake lines.

G550_4.JPG

The cargo area is now home to a custom, removable, 2-piece storage platform complete with track-mounted tie-down eyes, top-access bins, MOLLE mount panels and 2 Front Runner Flat Packs. The height of the storage platform matches that of the folded-down rear seat.

Tires are five (5) road-force-balanced 265/65R18 Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015; 65% tread remaining. Tire rotations have always included the spare. Tires show nice, even wear (have been run at 33psi front and 38psi rear after initial chalk test). Due to larger-than-stock tire diameter, spare tire now has a soft cover. Incidentally, I find that these Geolandar G015's suit the G550 very well as a year 'round tire (climate here in Calgary is 8 months of winter and 4 months of tough sledding).

This G550 drives with no squeaks, rattles or vibrations, at any speed. There are no leaks. Hard braking is straight as an arrow. Steering return-to-center is normal and does not wander or pull. The M273 engine pulls strong and consumes no oil. The 7G-tronic transmission has been as reliable as a hammer. As far as I know, everything on this G550 works (I don't use every feature/convenience). I'm happy to accommodate any/all PPI's (including leak-down and compression tests) as well as any proxy inspectors. My only caveat is that I ride shotgun on all test drives.

The G550 will come with original carpet mats, WeatherTech mats, original OEM rigid spare tire cover, 2 soft spare tire covers, 4 shop-fabbed roof top crossbars with “Quick-N-Easy”rain-gutter-mount towers (cudos to forum member stevegsmith), an extra set (5) of OEM 18x7.5 ET43 split 5-spoke Ronal alloy wheels, both Euro and North American front license plate mounts, custom removable storage platform, MOLLE storage pouches, Zulu Tactical sunvisor organizers, C-Tek battery charger, OEM headrest-mounted coat racks and a couple of boxes of spare parts, including 3 of the 5 door seals.

As for price. Fully-documented, good used G-wagens have always been in short supply. I've no idea what market demand is like for G-wagens during these unprecedented times. The price of premium, ethanol-free gasoline is now beyond criminal which no doubt factors into the softening demand for used G-wagens. That said, my dollar expectation is CDN$ 71,500 or USD$ 55,700.

Note: this G550 will also be advertised in both the local Autotrader and kijiji listings but I'd prefer that this G-wagen goes to a clubgwagen forum member. I'll still be active on this forum, post sale, due to me carrying on with my W461 Wolf.

Please DM me if this G550 is of interest. I can provide more photos, CarFax report, full service history and info upon request.

Arie
1991 W461 250GD Wolf; 2011 W463 G550 (sold)

Wesley Crusher

Re: FS: Canadian 2011 G550

Post#2 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:21 pm

Beautiful G550 and a very well thought out FS listing.

Is a Canadian truck able to be imported to the USA without issue/modification? This info may be helpful for potential buyers based in the USA.
2012 G550 (“Henry”)

wonder9

Post#3 » Sat May 28, 2022 5:32 pm

Thanks for the compliments on both my G550 and my FS listing layout.

AFAIK, importing a less-than-25-year-old Canadian G-wagen into the US is possible. With my 2011 G550 not qualifying for the 25-year age exemption for imported vehicles, the buyer would need to produce a manufacturer's statement asserting that the 2011 Canadian G-class specifications met all NHTSA and state DOT standards for 2011. Also required is a manufacturer's statement of origin. This link might prove helpful:

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/import-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/

In 2015, when I sold my 37-year-old Pinzgauer 712M 6x6 to a family in Idaho, the big to-do was about whether the DMV in Idaho would register it as a passenger vehicle (2.5% duty) or a truck (25% duty). Unlike the Pinz, hopefully any state DMV would regard the G550 as being a passenger vehicle.

I'm more than willing to help any potential US-based buyer with "ze paperwerk". That said, I was rather hoping that my for sale announcement would also attract some attention from one or two of this forum's Canadian members.

TorontoPuch

Post#4 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:36 pm

Very nice looking G! I have not sold a G into the US (yet!), but I sold my 1986 Porsche 911 a couple of years ago (regret!) from Toronto to a guy in the Portland, Oregon area. He used Fidelity Auto Shipping www.fidelityautoshipping.com and it was all very straightforward. They sent him a questionnaire that had to be completed to provide all of the relevant information (which I worked with him to complete), a flatbed showed up at my house, I handed over the keys with all of the transfer documentation in the glove box, and it showed up in Portland a couple of weeks later. No muss, no fuss. Not sure what tax he had to pay or hoops he had to jump through to register it in his home state, but the shipping and importation seemed easy.
3 x Swiss Army Puch 230GEs, Agate Grey, Tangerine Orange, and China Blue
+ 2 Swiss Army Puch 230GE sold.

wonder9

Post#5 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:18 pm

TorontoPuch,

Thanks so much for chiming in with your 911 export-to-America experience. That might prove very helpful to forum members who might be eye-balling any Canadian vehicle.

wonder9

Post#6 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:42 pm

SALE PENDING ...

PatrickBateman

Post#7 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:07 am

Anyone who missed out on this is free to contact me or check my FS post, very similar truck and price, except mine is a US based and spec truck.

wonder9

SOLD

Post#8 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:49 pm

2011 G550 is now SOLD (local buyer).

Wesley Crusher

Post#9 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Congrats on the sale. I hope you don’t miss it too much. :)
2012 G550 (“Henry”)

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”