Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

If you want a G in California, Please Read This First

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
jsuntai

Re: If you want a G in California, Please Read This First

Post#11 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 am

To update, I just spoke with George at CEE, (201)573-0600. I was quoted at $9500, 8-12 weeks, and that price includes any parts that will need to be added. Also, a check for half is required upfront. Hope this helps!

dcurbet

Post#12 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm

car details?

jsuntai

Post#13 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:37 pm

1989 230GE LWB

dcurbet

Post#14 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:13 pm

strange that gas is more... thx for sharing

HolsonY

Post#15 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks for this write up - I think it has brought me back down to earth on buying a SWB 463. I think a 4 door 02+ G is the way to go (for me at least)
18 G550, 19 Nissan Leaf S | IG: @gunthergwagen

Orion

Post#16 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:33 am

If the vehicle was registered and plated in CA, but the tags have expired, does it need to be re-referee’d or can the back registration/Non Op be paid and be okay?

motoxo

Post#17 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:19 pm

the way i read the california code is that back fees constitute a lein on the vehicle. this allows them to take the car from you if they catch you driving it. and yet, there's a few catch phrases like that says after five years, a perfected (documented) lein is dropped.

i'd ask dmv.

seems the director is the only one that can make the choice (because i guess someone gave them the power to do it.) [xo's guess: it's $250 + registration, transfer fees and i bet they'll make you smog & certify it with the new laws they are trying to enact.]

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayexpandedbranch.xhtml?tocCode=VEH&division=3.&title=&part=&chapter=&article= chapter 6 article 6 9000.

my question to them would be is if you paid an extra $9500 to register it in california. is the car worth the extra $9500 now and you have to pay extra california sales tax on top of the sales tax for parts you paid out of the original $9500. they don't answer that question either.
-|o
1985 lwb 300gd (mac the turtle)

Orion

Post#18 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Back fees if it was just lapsed in registration, opposed to being put on non-op? Hasn’t been driven in years, parked on private property.

motoxo

Post#19 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:12 pm

again, ask dmv.

non op is a yearly registration. sounds like this wasn't properly non-op'd. yes, back fees.

when it comes to registration, mike did a wonderful job putting together what we all figured out so far about the california registration environment and dealing with dmv. it is mostly adversarial because they don't want to register old vehicles since they don't make them as much yearly service revenue per vehicle. be prepared to read and know california law because the dmv offical won't and mostly they use their computers to figure all this stuff out ... which was never updated even though they spent billions to try and update it.
-|o
1985 lwb 300gd (mac the turtle)

Orion

Post#20 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:50 pm

I tried calling today within business hours, and they didn't respond to me. Trying to avoid the drive to the DMV. Is this something a phone operator would be able to figure out?

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”