Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Brake Power Regulator ...

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Indiana Drew

Brake Power Regulator ...

Post#1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Is this the drawing of the assembly at the back axle that adds brake pressure as the cargo area is loaded? Anyone have any idea about the steps of measuring to make sure the correct spring is in place? My 280 has a 3" lift and I don't know what distance is to be measured to check the correct spring is in place or to order a new one ...

Brake Pressure Regulator.jpg

If anyone can recall what I should search, I will try searching the archives for the information. :ugeek:

I didn't even know there was such a thing ...

inkblotz

Re: Brake Power Regulator ...

Post#2 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Drew

It is my understanding that the length of the adjusting rod is the determining/adjusting factor not the spring. I am referring to rod in which one end attaches to the axle housing and the other to the mechanism. You adjust the length of the rod (679) according to the lift. For some reason I am thinking that when the rod is properly adjusted the arm (631) is parallel to the axle shaft. This is purely speculation on my part as I don't know the actual procedure but coincidentally I was studying it today while greasing my nipples (I like saying that). :D

Mark
Attachments
Picture 5.png
Picture 5.png (22.48 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

inkblotz

Post#3 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Check your email.

Mark

Indiana Drew

Post#4 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

inkblotz wrote:Drew

It is my understanding that the length of the adjusting rod is the determining/adjusting factor not the spring. I am referring to rod in which one end attaches to the axle housing and the other to the mechanism. You adjust the length of the rod (679) according to the lift. For some reason I am thinking that when the rod is properly adjusted the arm (631) is parallel to the axle shaft. This is purely speculation on my part as I don't know the actual procedure but coincidentally I was studying it today while greasing my nipples (I like saying that). :D

Mark

That makes good sense ...

inkblotz

Post#5 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Check your email it holds the key!!!

Mark

Indiana Drew

Post#6 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks for the email - now I know even less than I did before I posted the question ... I'll have to figure out the MB equivalent to ORC springs ... I also see the 7 coil vs. 6 coil issue. I guess I'll need to get the espresso machine fixed before I read that in depth ...

Indiana Drew

Post#7 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm

We had edited posts cross ... I got it thanks ...

Return to “Tech: Brakes and Steering”