Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Stainless Steel braided Teflon brake lines 460

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
mk216v

Re: Stainless Steel braided Teflon brake lines 460

Post#11 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:37 pm

stevegsmith wrote:PPB-GWAGKITD
Mercedes G Wagon D.O.T. 5 Line Kit
I decided on clear sleeve. I think you can do black if you want.
$134.09

Just call and ask for Gerry.

Kewl, thx!

PS--So even though your G isn't lifted(or is it), you went with the longer lines. Any issues using the longer length?

stevegsmith

Post#12 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 pm

mk216v wrote:
stevegsmith wrote:PPB-GWAGKITD
Mercedes G Wagon D.O.T. 5 Line Kit
I decided on clear sleeve. I think you can do black if you want.
$134.09

Just call and ask for Gerry.

Kewl, thx!

PS--So even though your G isn't lifted(or is it), you went with the longer lines. Any issues using the longer length?

No! Good question and sorry for my lax description. My G is stock height so I went with stock length.

The process was pretty straight forward. I'd recommend cleaning the hard line ends really well before taking the old ones off. That way your less apt to getting crud in there while fitting the new ones. Also, look at Dave Gomes description of the job in the clubG tech section. If you use it, might want to send Dave a thank you note.

When I bled the system, I used a Motive power bleeder. If you don't have one, get one. The make bleeding brakes soooo much easier. http://www.motiveproducts.com/

Good luck yo.

steve

tip: Notice how the flat spots on the new lines are perpendicular to the clips? They are there for wrenching and the old lines don't have them. Just make sure you install the clip before tightening the hard line threads. That way you'll still be able to rotate the line if necessary. You'll see what I mean when you get them. Sorry, kind of hard to explain and my head is beginning to hurt from trying.
Attachments
brake.jpg

mk216v

Post#13 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Ok cool, thank you kind sir!

stevegsmith

Post#14 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 pm

And another thing. You might want to mark the corresponding ends of the hard lines so you don't get confused when installing the new ss lines. I used zip ties. One at the frame and the other at the caliper.

Okay, I think that's it. :oops:

steve

mk216v

Post#15 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:34 am

stevegsmith wrote:And another thing. You might want to mark the corresponding ends of the hard lines so you don't get confused when installing the new ss lines. I used zip ties. One at the frame and the other at the caliper.

Okay, I think that's it. :oops:

steve

Thanks for the helpful tidbits Mr. Eco! :)

Return to “Tech: Brakes and Steering”