Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Lockers rock!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Dai C

Lockers rock!

Post#1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 am

I've been running up and down some steep muddy slopes dealing with frost protection in the middle of the night this cold morning and those lockers are just amazing. So is the balance of the truck. If I had used the Dodge 4X4 if would have made it down but not back up I am sure. The G is so nimble and balanced front to back. Doesn't tear up the ground. Elegant.

-Dai

4x4abc

Re: Lockers rock!

Post#2 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:02 am

Dai,

you are too humble - good drivers don't tear up the ground.

Your weather is scary. Will it be nicer when we meet?
Just came back from my property tour. With a warm sweater on. My nose starts running at 18 C.
Attachments
weather.jpg

4x4abc

Post#3 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:17 am

And yes, lockers lock (errr - rock)!

Pulled out a high centered Tacoma in the dunes yesterday. With 5ooo rpm and 50 psi tires the guy had dug himself a nice grave. I aired him down to 10, attached the tow strap, instructed him to keep the tires straight, the rpm at around 1000 and pulled him out very gently. First try, no sweat. All my lockers on, of course. Too bad for him that Toyota does not offer that option any longer.

4WD without good weight balance (pickups) and without lockers is almost useless when off-road.

schuhe

Post#4 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Harald,

The sun is shining, we are warming, our limbs and fingers are thawing out, and life is good. In another month, it will be as though we are somewhere in Baja. You will love the warm sun of the great northwet...I mean, west.

See you in June. We are looking forward to the gathering.

Tom

Return to “Tech: Differentials and Lockers”