Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

radiator/cooler for automatic transmission....

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Gelande

radiator/cooler for automatic transmission....

Post#1 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Trying to help Christian here, find the right setup to incorporate a trans cooler for his diesel. I think you are best using one from the 123 or 126 car, will be cheapest. Funny, on the detali epc site, I cannot find any schematics that show it, or if they do, they don't list the part.

I cannot get the EPC startek subscription Java to run on the Mac.....see other thread.. so I am EPC less for now.

thoughts anyone?

pics?

reinhardtius

Re: radiator/cooler for automatic transmission....

Post#2 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Mike, if you are running an intel mac you can download VMware Fusion for 79 dollars and run windows from there. That is what I do to access EPC. For some reason Java does not interact all the time correctly with the Mac platform, especially with the EPC setup. Best of luck.

Hunter

syncro_G

Post#3 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks Mike

Yeah, I use parallels to run epc in a windows shell but it's really slow on my aging machine so I don't open it often. The 300TD has the transmission cooler inside the bottom cap of the radiator. It's an oil/water cooler - no fins on the outside. My G radiator with manual transmission definitely doesn't have one of these built in.

I have seen some skinny oil/air coolers that might work but I'm trying to avoid using those.

also don't want to use the sedan radiator because I'll need an overflow reservoir and don't want to give up the space for it. (I have a webasto and EGR on the turbo so I don't get as much space to play with.)

Dai C

Post#4 » Sat May 09, 2009 9:17 am

I have a G radiator with A/T fittings in the lower tank. It was re-cored when I bought it from someone on BW forum a while back. I had it reworked by a local shop who acid dipped it, and resoldered it correctly and pressure tested the thing. They also painted it a nice shiny black. It is a spare for me. I have at least $225 in it. It should bolt right in. It has larger internal tubes than a stock core.

-Dai

syncro_G

Post#5 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:01 am

hmm - lets take that offline - I have your wiper motor too.

Return to “Tech: Transmission and Transfer Case”