Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Snorkel install

Winch mounts, snorkels, bumpers, rocker protection, skid plates, recovery devices, and more
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
awjunkies

Snorkel install

Post#1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:22 am

Not really a tech question and this is regarding the half height "Canadian" tube. I used my 1 month stand down from deployment wisely and tore down the G welding in new front floor pans/rockers and a few other odds and ends. Currently prepping the interior floor for sealer/paint and have the entire exterior primed.

I "return" to full schedule work in about a week so absolutely have to paint before then. Unfortunately the snorkel I purchased is back ordered and for obvious reasons I would much rather do all the cutting and fitment now.

Is there anyone out there that has installed this particular snorkel that can lend me a template or measurements. Hell is even take pictures of the inside face of the snorkel so I can see how it mounts.

Thanks in advance.

bram_r

Re: Snorkel install

Post#2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:40 am

I'm not sure what the exact location should be or what your preference is where to install it.

On following topic I've got some pics of my Schmude Snorkel, but it might be too far back for you:
http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums ... ch#M222445

Some more snorkel pics here:
http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums ... ch#M224387

awjunkies

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:33 pm

So I received my snorkel today. It is the Canadian half height style. Didn't expect the "intake" hole to be oval but it measures approx 4 x 2 3/4.

I tried using the all mighty google but could not find an exact size the mate up to a 4imch tube. Does mercedes sell a coupler for this? Or even better, I'm planning on purchasing a bunch of silicone hose to run my custom intake and someone suggested using a normal 3 or 3.5 inch coupler hose and forming it onto the oval port. Would a 3.5 or 3.75 hose be a better fit?

Thanks in advance.

AlanMcR

Post#4 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Wrap a string around the oval, then measure the length. Divide that by 3.1415 and you have the inside diameter of an equivalent tube.

Return to “Purchased and Installed Offroad Modifications and Improvements”