Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Cargo Area Storage Drawers

Storage, Racks, Bed Conversions, Cargo area modification, tie-downs, extra fuel, roof-tents, awnings, curtains, cooking devices, water makers, water heaters, navigation devices, communication systems, tinted glass, flooring treatments, power and battery controllers, and all that other stuff you don't really need but is nice to have for big trips.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Keperbipy

Re: Cargo Area Storage Drawers

Post#41 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:18 am

I just designed my drawer setup with a local wood craftsman and it turned out pretty awesome. Drawer for fridge, storage for 7 gallon potable water, 2 burner stove, storage for pots/pans/coffee french press, chopping board, and silverware, two storage boxes on the side above the wheel wells, flat surface area with l-track rails for d ring attachment to secure load on top of the drawer, and can also turn into a bed for 1-2 people.
Attachments
C7971FA3-F0C1-4A40-AEE6-AA4762E4A9E2.jpeg
AF14ABFD-CBEA-4207-9226-CFA365420CBF.jpeg
F4FC7A26-0FD6-4B16-AFF5-F32C34FF1302.jpeg
@koibee_g

G Nome

Post#42 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:42 am

That looks great! Thanks for sharing. Always good to see others layouts for camping.

Kent
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

Court

Post#43 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:34 am

Wow that looks amazing !!! I did a similar set up but not looking as nice as that.

Did you save the dimensions to a drawing by chance?

I might consider rejigging mine to suit.

Return to “Camping and Overland Travel Related Modifications”